Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paws4AYL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Why no power to certain outlets?
    Using hairdryer and power goes out. I figured I blew a fuse so I toggled all breakers but it didn't help. Still no power in that section of the house?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 06:14 AM
    Check your bathroom or any bathroom for a GFCI receptacle. More than likely the first GFCI receptacle needs to be reset.

Also check the breaker to see if it needs to be reset.
    Goodneighbor Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2011, 04:30 PM
    Check the plug on your hair dryer some have a reset button on them.
    Try a light or electric device you know that works and test the
    Outlet. Also check if circuit has gfci outlet on it. The gfci could
    Be in another room usually a bathroom or kitchen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have no power on two outlets! [ 13 Answers ]

We were updating some outlet plates, and after changing 6, we discovered that 2 weren't working. After turning the brakers on and off over and over again, we found out that one of the kitchen's outlets (a GFCI) is also off. We tried to reset it, but it won't turn on. Also the fridge's outlet is...

No power to 4 outlets [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 outlets with no power. One is gfi which I replaced but it still didn't work. I took breaker out and put it back in and it worked for 3 days and quit. Put in new breaker still no luck. Multimeter set on 250 acv and shows 85(white line and ground screws) 105(black line and ground screws) and...

Breaker shows power but no power to outlets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a breaker that is showing power coming out but all outets and equipment on this circuit are dead how do I find the problem?

No power to outlets! [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently noticed that one of the bedrooms outlets and the switches in the adjacent half bath were not getting any power... they worked just fine earlier in the day. The light in the bedroom works fine but the outlets do not. I checked all my breakers traced them and they all seem to do...

View more questions Search