Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juniper6192 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
    How can I sue someone for harassment?
    I have been getting harassing phone calls from a "lawyer" named "Ronnie Cooper" and "Jason Anderson" claiming that I am being sue by two different loan websites. I know for a fact I do not owe ANY of these websites. I contact both the police and a lawyer of my situation. Both "lawyers" have made threatening phone calls to me and my lawyer. The FBI has now been called in because this case stretches across a few states. I have also become aware that I am not the only person getting scammed. Is there a way to get compensation for mental anguish as well as causing so much stress in my life? I would really appreciate the help.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by juniper6192 View Post
    I... Is there a way to get compensation for mental anguish as well as causing so much stress in my life? I would really appreciate the help.
    "Mental anguish" recovery is not awarded for trifling situations like this. Should you watch your child get killed in a horrible accident then you might have such a claim. In the mean time,

Get over it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Not much for that, I would say that you already have an attorney, and need to let him handle this.

Also why not just change your phone number and end any future calls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue nyc housing for defamation or harassment [ 5 Answers ]

I live in nyc houseing and I have been on disabilaty for seven years every year ihave to submit proof of income to houseing athouirty. And for fourteen years I have.all of a sudden I hacve a problem with my new houseing assitance telling me that I'm NOT RECEIVEING DISABILTY. ALL SO TELL,S ME THAT...

Sue ex spouse for harassment [ 5 Answers ]

My X filed for divorce in 1998. I can't even count how many times I have been dragged to court. The last time was 9/4/09 where he agreed to pay $250. A week for child support instead of the court recommended $189.00 a week. Now a year later he is dragging me back to court to change the amount to...

Can I sue for slander/defamation of character & harassment? [ 22 Answers ]

I have been dealing with someone harassing my family & I for more than three years. She follows me often. Has mailed letters to myself & my husband as well as taping letters on the door of his place of employment. She is constantly confronting my teenage daughters, other family members and friends...

Can I sue a police department for harassment, slander, and defamation of character? [ 6 Answers ]

I own a local tattoo shop. We've been experiencing a tremendous decrease in business due to allegations and rumors that drugs are sold out of our studio. All allegations are false, and we have written and signed statements from a number of customers and other people of what officers in our...

View more questions Search