Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fishy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Furnace Burner Won't Light!
    I have a Lennox Whisperheat gas furnace model no. G20Q3/4E-125-2. On normal start up the pilot would light and then there would be a click click click noise several times then the burner would light and the blower would kick on. Now what is happening is the pilot lights and then the clicking starts clicking super fast, the burner never lights but the blower kicks on. No heat! Any ideas? Thanks!
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 06:07 PM
    You may have a dirty pilot orifice and its not hitting the flame sensor to tell the main burners to kick on. On some furnaces the blower will come on 90 sec. after the thermostat calls for heat even if the main burners are not on.
    kellowsheating Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 05:54 PM
    When its clicking and the pilot is lit check for 24v on the main valve terminal on the control module. I was able to jump my furnace by connecting a wire to the main valve terminal and touching it to the ths terminal on the module. You only have to hold the two together for a few seconds and the main valve will stay lit and burning. I have replaced the control module on my furnace twice with no luck either time. I also read some negative feedback on the gas valves. The pilot and main valve have been known to both open at the same time. There has also been bad reports on the johnson control module and honeywell control module. I am still trying to get my hunk of junk whisperheat to work right myself and the bad part is I am a HVAC technician and never came acroos a furnace problem like this before.
    kellowsheating Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Make sure the ignitor is arching to the flame rod. I came across a whisper heat that the pilot would light but not the main valve. The problem was that the flame sensor rod was picking up extra current off the pilot ignitor and kept the main valve opening. I just bent the flame rod away from the ignitor. These furnaces have been vary trouble some. I have been called to four of these furnaces and they all had the same problem now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burner won't light [ 4 Answers ]

When I turn on the furnace the burner doesn't turn on what should I do?

Bryant Furnace Burner Going On and Off [ 1 Answers ]

Bryant Gas Furnace P/N 394DAC03100 about 30 yrs old. Pilot light stays light and burner going on and off after checking valve problem seems to be some type limit switch when I move the wiring by shaking a little it ignites. Having a problem finding which wires are loosely connected..? If anyone...

Oil furnace, Burner cuts out [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, my original post was over a noisy draft regulator. Since then I have determined the cause of the regulator banging was the burner going out. This only occurs for a fraction of a second, just little pulses. I changed my in-line fuel filter and my burner nozzle. When I remove the inspection cover...

Main Burner won't light [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Rheem forced air furnace, gas, (mod# RDG-10EQGR) and main burner won’t light The prepurge vent motor starts and after 34seconds the hot surface ignitor glows red, 34 seconds later I hear the relay click in the ignition module for the burner valve, but valve doesn’t open and no...

Oil Burner Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The problem goes like this. Thermostat calls for heat, burner starts and runs for a minute or so and shuts off. After burner shuts off, the blower starts and the burner starts again until the thermostat reaches temp and the burner shuts off blower contiues to run until the low temp limit is...

View more questions Search