Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Vagina smells like latex.
    Me and my boyfriend don't use condoms because I'm on birth control. An answer to this question would be much appreciated. He believes that I didn't cheat on him but it'd be nice to know how this smell could occur.

I was thinking maybe it was this soap I used. Is this possible?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 06:11 PM
    It's not a good idea to piggyback your question onto someone else's, so I have moved your question to it's own post.

Is this something new? Have you seen your doctor?

Nov 2, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Okay thanks I'm new to this. Yes it just happened this one time a few days ago. I haven't talked to a doctor yet, I will very soon though. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to what it might be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Of course smells of all types can happen, Seeing your doctor is often the best

Next you do know that birth control is not 100 percent, so you can get pregnant if you only use birth control.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2011, 06:23 PM
    Did you change soaps, or a new pair of underwear, or new Landry soap? Any new items at all? Even pads or tampons, douching, feminine spray etc.

All of these can cause chemical mixtures and changes and make odd smells. Took me forever to realize that ALL brand Landry soap was making my arm pits stink LOL

Nov 2, 2011, 06:59 PM
    So far I haven't gotten pregnant and its been a while so I think I'm okay on that note.

Yeah I washed with a new soap.. but I tried using that soap again and it wasn't the same smell. It's so confusing how this could happen I just wish I could find an answer.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Nov 3, 2011, 04:59 AM
    This may sound like a ridiculously obvious suggestion, but have you bought a new vibrator or dildo lately? They can often smell of rubber or latex. I had one smell of crayons!

X Dani
    silverfox605 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 07:45 PM
    I also think a Dr. may be in order. The body will produce different smells as a warning that something is wrong or a problem is coming. You didn't state that is was a strong or soft smell or if there was also a taste with this. I'm sure a douce might help also. I wish you good luck with this problem being removed from your lives and harmony coming back.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox605 View Post
    I'm sure a douce might help also.
    Never ever douche without a doctor's order/prescription. Douching can be very dangerous to the vaginal pH balance causing more problems than it "cures."
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 12:47 PM
    Old condoms are made of latex but now that restrictions are posted because many people are allergic to latex, they are not being made of laltex in some ereas. In my line of work which is personal healthcare we are only allowed to use nitrile gloves. My point is, it isn't your vagina that smells like latex, I is they'd condoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a bump on my vagina and it smells [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bump on my vagina it felt like a little marble and now it looks like it got irritated and it burns a little sometimes it itches and recently I noticed its starting to smell like something is burning! Help meeeeeeee!

Girlfriend's vagina smells [ 17 Answers ]

When my girlfriend gets horny her vagina smells. It smells to the point that I can't stand it and can smell it while laying beside her with her clothes on. Is it just me or is it something to do with her? If it does have something to do with her; could someone tell me how to tell her that in a non...

My vagina smells like a latex condom but I did not use one, why is this happening? [ 4 Answers ]

My vagina smells like a latex condom but I did not use one, why is this happening?

Sink smells like sulfer, my husband says it smells like bleach [ 4 Answers ]

Our downstairs bathroom sink smells like sulfer to me... my husband says it smells like bleach. :confused: It seems to have the more of an odor in the morning. This is the only sink that smells this way. We are on county water. I just want to brush my teeth with clean smelling water.:D ...

View more questions Search