Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janineojacobs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 05:15 AM
    How to apply german citizenship after marriage?
    Hi all

I'm south african going to marry my german fiancée. when can I apply for german citizenhip? When can I get a passport? How and where do I do all these things??
    Oh dear help`?
    Janine
    Palitrompa Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by janineojacobs
    hi all

im south african gonna marry my german fiancee. when can i apply for german citizenhip? when can i get a passport?? how and where do i do all these things???
    oh dear help`??
    janine
    German citizenship is not acquired automatically after marriage. In order to get the German passport you need to have been married for at least 2 years and to have lived as a legal resident in Germany for 3 years. Hope this helps.
    armaghanshah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 04:25 AM
    And how long does it take, once you have submitted the documents. i.e. (Proof of 3 years married life, passed in Germany)? How much time does it take in processing to get the passport made?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Greek Citizenship through Marriage? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on getting married to Greek/American girlfriend, and I need to know how long it will take me to get the Greek citizenship (my girlfriend holds both Am and Gr)? One detail is that I'm stateless, and the only type of papers I hold is a SYRIAN TRAVEL DOCUMENT (issued for Palestinian...

How to apply for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Im a greek american girl trying to get dual citizenship with US/Greece. My dad is from there, but moved here before he had me. How do I go about starting this process, and how long does it take? Where do I go to give the proper documents to? And how can I get my grandparents birth...

Divorce 2 years after marriage - French citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My French husband and I (I am American) are considering getting a divorce. February 2006 will make 2 years since we got married, we have been living and working in Florida. I never applied for European working papers but am considering moving to Europe at this point. Does anyone know how long...

View more questions Search