Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DogLover83 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 01:19 PM
    Beagle Pregnancy
    I was just wondering how long before a pregnant ***** will start to show and what does it look like at first? My dog would be at least 5 weeks pregnant & is starting to "show" a little. I am taking her to the vet next Tuesday but just curious right now.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2011, 01:21 PM
    Is this the first time you've bred a dog? How old is she? Dog Pregnancy Timeline | Signs Of Pregnancy In Dogs | How Long Are Dogs Pregnant

I trust she and the male are high quality and papered so her puppies (and her puppies' puppies and so forth) don't become throw aways.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2011, 01:24 PM
    Each dog varies when it comes to showing for a pregnancy. If this is her first litter, she might not show a lot of belly..

I would suggest to stay in close contact with a good breeder and your vet for any questions.

Oct 31, 2011, 01:52 PM
    This is the first time I have dealt with this. This is a female dog that I found on the highway & we took her in. We tried to find her owner but no one came forward to claim the dog and our Humane Society wouldn't take her due to they will only take strays brought in by the police department. The police department wouldn't deal with it-I suppose they didn't want to take financial responsibility for the dog. Now-five weeks later-she has somewhat enlarged nipples and her belly seems to be getting bigger and round. She seems to be rounder up near the rib cage & not so much around her waist or hips. Just wondering what I could be dealing with. If she is-I have no idea what kind of dogs they will be-don't know if they are purebred or mix breed puppies:(
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2011, 01:53 PM
    She is lucky/blessed to have you. Sounds like someone was irresponsible (if she is going to have puppies). Do you intend to keep her?

The World needs more people who call themselves doglovers and truly are - just like you.

Oct 31, 2011, 02:10 PM
    Yeah we plan to keep her:) She is a very good dog & very smart too! I'm just hoping that this is a false pregnancy or maybe she is just gaining weight. This could be seeing she could have been an outdoor dog before & now she lives inside by us. I guess we will just have to wait until next week to find out for sure!
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Let us know. She must think she's died and gone to heaven!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad beagle [ 2 Answers ]

My beagle is eating everting in site how can I stop her? Stones,leafs,mud,table and chairs,my kids feet,arm,hands,she is nine weeks old

My over 14 year old beagle [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone kow how long are beagles supposed to live? We have this beagle that we adoped when he was about 2 years old and that was 13 years ago. About 3 years ago he was in fairly good health and we kept in a crate during the day when we went to work. HE started having this lumps on his body...

My Beagle is sick.again and again [ 3 Answers ]

My beagle got sick about 8 weeks ago. He is only 9 months old. He was lethargic, would not eat, would barely move, and when he did, he whimpered or cried out each time. He wouldn't climb stairs. Basically, for 10 days he dod nothing but lay around and whimper. We took him to the vet on the 3rd and...

About my beagle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old beagle that is scraching so bad that she is making her self bleed and scabe up bu tthere is no hair lose what can I do for dry skin if that's the case is you coud help me I would aprishat it thank you karen

Need help beagle [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 4 years old He has gotten very sick and I cannot afford to take him to a vet. He has become very tired won't eat and is drinking some water but not much .He is an outside dog he has had all his shots. I went and purchased some penecillin to see if that would help but his condition is not...

View more questions Search