Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshua1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
    My girlfriend says she's a virgin. Should I believe her?
    I liked this girl(now girlfriend) for over a year and she liked me too but I didn't want to ask her out because she was always partying, drinking, smoking weed, doing mushrooms and ecstasy and that's a big turn off for me. Sometimes I would try to make out with her or have sex with her she wouldn't do it and she would say no I can't do stuff like this with friends, I only do it with a boyfriend. So I asked her out one day we got into a relationship. We would do everything in bed but sex she wouldn't do it. After 3 weeks she told me she is a virgin. I really like this girl and I trust her but that is just unbelievable she's 22 years old and doing all these drugs and still a virgin anyway She decided to have sex. When we did it she didn't bleed or anything and she didn't even get nervous. The way she performs in bed is just more than experience girl. Should I believe that she never slept with anyone else?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 30, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Are you only with this girl for sex? You made it sound at the beginning like you pressured into it. There's no reason not to believe her. She's told you she was, that's how it is. Does it matter to you that much? You're making it sound like if she were a virgin, it would be a disappointing piece of news to you.

You should only have sex when in love, that's my opinion.

X Dani
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Yes you believe her, since that is the story she wants to share now. Perhaps that is what she thinks you wanted or expected or it is the truth, Either way, she is not now, you made sure of that.

And unless you are keeping score of the number of virgins you can get, does it matter ? Sounds like you were going after her for sex to start with anyway?

If two people have done a lot of sexual things, and if she perhaps masterbated with toys, or other things, she would not bleed, many women don't bleed in socieity today
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Exactly what Chuck said. Not to mention tampons have been known to break hymens as well.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
    Why is it so important to you? Does it really matter that much?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2011, 08:49 PM
    Wher you virgin before having sex with her? It sounds that you just wanted to have sex with her not to be her boyfrind.

John
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 05:21 AM
    She was experienced in sex even if she hadn't had intercourse before you. Oral, mutual masturbation, anal, toys, whatever else you were doing in bed before you had vaginal penetration were forms of sex. Why should she be nervous or not have an understanding of what intercourse entails?

I just hope you are both being careful about birth control. My standard caution to couples just starting to have sex is to remember that no form of birth control is 100% effective. Even multiple forms correctly used can fail.

Is she still 'partying'?

If you are in a relationship with her, you should trust her unless you have proof that she isn't being trustworthy. Though you may ask yourself why you are questioning her 'virginity' at this time. Are you looking for an 'out' or does it really matter?
    joshua1990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 08:25 AM
    Yes at first I just wanted to have sex with her and leave her because I thought She just sleeps around whenever she does all the drugs but When she told me She's a virgin I was just shocked. She's been doing ecstasy for over a year and off course if a single girl that is 22 partying, smoking and doing ecstasy would diffidently want to have sex. My question is should I believe her or no? I'm just confused
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 31, 2011, 08:34 AM
    I think it's out of the question whether you should believe her. You tried to use this woman. And whatever she's done in her own life, drugs, sleeping around, it's wrong.

Dani
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2011, 10:02 AM
    And I agree - you are trying to use her because you think other people have used her but her virginity (or lack therof) is upsetting to you.

If you can live with her history of "partying, drinking, smoking weed, doing mushrooms and ecstasy," you can live with her "virgin" status.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniCalifornia View Post
    I think it's out of the question whether you should believe her. You tried to use this woman. And whatever she's done in her own life, drugs, sleeping around, it's wrong.

Dani

This deserves both an agree AND applause.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 11:03 AM
    You still haven't given me a reason to question what she told you. She didn't have to tell you she was a virgin unless she was one. It doesn't sound like you were expecting her to be one so why lie?

It seems you may have to think about and get past your own preconceived notions of what a party girl is like. Very few people fit into neat little, well-marked boxes.

I think it is interesting (and you want to think this through a bit more) that you wanted her because you thought she slept around for the same reasons/things you said you found to be a turn-off. Have you learned to respect her as a person and to know her as an individual or are you still trying to make her fit into the box you think she should be in?

If you don't trust and care about her instead of what you think she should be, then let her go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend says she's not sure she's in love after 6 months ? [ 8 Answers ]

We've been dating for 6 months now and things have been great I the guy came out after 3 months and said I love you... we've been saying it back and forth sense and it hasn't been a big deal or anything.. now the other night she comes out and says I'm not sure I love you the same way you do me and...

Help my best friends boy friend wants to have sex with a virgin and she's not one so [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so my best friends boy friend was a virgin when they had sex. Rite and she wasent because a week before she meet him she lost it to this other guy. And she feels bad because she knows she shouldn't have don't it wit the other guy(old bf) because if she would have wated a week she could have...

Ex girlfriend tells me she's not with anyone but doenst know if she's ready to hang out? Why? [ 8 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread My ex & I broke up, we just ran into each other for the first time in 6 months. She says she still loves me & made a point to tell me she wasn't with anyone - I still love her, I acted cool like I...

She's not a virgin [ 21 Answers ]

How would U react if suddenly your girlfriend told you that she's not a virgin anymore? Although she lost it when she's 17, but she really regrets giving it to her ex... What must I do and set my mind? My relationship mind is quite traditional one... I keeps on getting reminded that she's not a...

View more questions Search