Ask
    swampei39 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 03:54 PM
    Wiring 24volt transformer in ac air handler
    I need instructions how to install 24 volt transformer in air handler
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 29, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Well, since there are just a few different air handlers why not tell us what unit you have, and what it is you are trying to wire?

Controls?
    Thermostat?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2011, 07:32 AM
    It should already have 1, replacement transformer may have different taps for different primary and secondary voltages,
    Most common is use the leads for 240 volts in and 24 volts out, if multitaped transformer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Handler blower won't start - hum from transformer? [ 18 Answers ]

Air Handler: Armstrong 40528C093 Transformer: Basler Electric BE321640GEK (photo attached) - a quick web search found it here: Amana, Goodman Transformer 208/230 Volts 24 Volt Secondary: Best Buy Heating and Air Conditioning (note: although that webpage shows the primary voltage as 208/230, the...

Carrier air handler 24 volt transformer. [ 15 Answers ]

Last week my air handler quit working, I found that the 5AMP fuse for the secondary 24volt pwr supply was blown, replace and all worked fine for a week. Now I find it blown again, but each time I relace it it blows, The voltage reading I get at the fuse is 29.5 V is that to high? The transformer...

Wiring air handler goodman A-30 [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to take goodman air handler A-30 from straight ac and convert to heat pump fan coil only has three low voltage wires how do I go about wiring?

Wiring new duraguard air handler [ 9 Answers ]

There is a goodman condensing unit outside and I am installing a duraguard airhandler my question is I have 5 wires for the thermastat red green wh/bl, wh/bk,brown I know my green is fan my red is power and my brown is common on the diagram it has w2 is the white and blue and the wh/black is w1. On...

View more questions Search