Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicole3217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 12:58 PM
    Does color oops work on black hair?
    I died my hair black like 3 weeks ago and I want to get my natural hair color back which is blonde?Will color oops work?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 02:09 PM

That is really from one extreme to another, but I don't think color oops is that good to give you back your blonde hair right away. My only suggestion is using color oops and then getting it cut off to restore your hair partially to good condition and get your own color back.
    molly93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Noooo color oops does not work on black hair, I tried it then died it back to my natural color and it went black again.
    rozeA Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
    I have used color oops to remove black to come back to blonde and it worked for me. If your hair was bleach blonde, it will work better. If you keep dying your hair black, it will not take it all out and you'll end up with light brownish read.
    Expert

Oct 21, 2011, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rozeA View Post
    i have used color oops to remove black to come back to blonde and it worked for me. if your hair was bleach blonde, it will work better. if you keep dying your hair black, it will not take it all out and you'll end up with light brownish read.
    You will also wind up with no hair at all when you are 70.

Tick

Oct 21, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Tickle, that is not true and not proven. That is an old wives tale.

Oct 21, 2011, 02:43 PM
    Tickle, you have never used the product. So you can't give solid advice.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 03:17 AM
    Tickle, you have never used the product. So you can't give solid advice.
    You are correct roze, have never used colour oops and never will. And yes I can give solid advice. Over processed hair will never be as healthy as never dyed hair. Hair follicles become damaged over time from constant colouring and hair becomes brittle, thin and dull.
    Tick
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 04:19 AM
    Tickle, that is not true and not proven. That is an old wives tale.
    Roze, I am an old wife my dear, and it is true.

Oct 22, 2011, 07:24 AM
    Sorry you lost your hair at age 70 and are bald. I didn't know. I always respect my grandmother. But I still say, when a person has no experience with a product they cannot give good advice. They can only guess.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 11:57 AM
    Sorry you lost your hair at age 70 and are bald. I didn't know. I always respect my grandmother. But I still say, when a person has no experience with a product they cannot give good advice. They can only guess.
    I have a full head of hair my dear and am quite a knockout at 70 because I don't fool around with my health; good hair, good teeth, good skin, good bone structure. Being a health professional keeps me on top of issues.

You misunderstood, I wasn't knocking colour oops, it is a very popular product; my issues were with the constant re-dying and then having to use color oops.

You are carrying this too far, but I am glad you always respect your grandmother. How old are you by the way, maybe l4 or l5 ?
    Tick
    ello_ora Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 10:11 AM
    I used color oops four times, the first 2 times I don't think I kept it in long enough, so it didn't work very well. The last two times it worked. My hair went from black to a reddish brown and after a couple days it turned dark again, but overall now it is a dark dark brown. So it doesn't work that good. I did recolor my hair after the last time I tried color oops and it turned the reddish brown color the dark dark brown color. I hope this helps. And do not put color oops on scalp it could burn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use color oops on bleached hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I have a friend who has level 1 black and level 10 blonde vertical all through her head,(her natural color is a blonde,not bleach blonde like she has now) and now she wants the black to be brown. Can I use color oops on her whole head? Or will it turn out a disaster?

Color oops.does it work? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I have light brown hair and I dyed it dark brown. It looks almost black and I want to go back to my light brown hair and put blonde highlights in it. I bought something called color oops but I want to know if it's still going to work on my hair even though I've been dying my hair this color for...

Hair color oops [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is naturally a mousy blonde/brown, but I previously had it colored a brassy blonde color which was growing out at the roots. I decided to do a home kit (loreal feria) to make it closer to my natural color. I chose dark golden blonde(permanent)... which turned out strawberry blonde at the...

Will color oops/loreal color zap work for me? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed 2 streaks of my hair blond. I'm sick of it now, so I want to remove it with a hair dye color remover instead of dying my hair black (my natural hair color) again. Will it wok for me? :confused:

I used Color Oops and the next morning it my hair was black AGAIN! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I accidentally dyed my hair "dark brown" and it turned black. I tried Color Oops and it seemed to work but the next morning it turned black again. What did I do wrong? Why did it happen and do you think ColorFix or ColorZap would work if Color Oops didn't??

View more questions Search