Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinw2927 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Marijuana in a hair follicle test
    My son has never done any type of drugs before, he went to the beach this past summer and tried Marijuana. He said he only took 3 puffs and never tried it again. It has been about 75 days and he has to have a hair follicle drug test, would that be enough to show up in it? He is so worried.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 01:31 AM
    Exactly how long is going to depend on metabolism. For general ideas you can find articles about this:
    Go Ask Alice!: Marijuana: How long does it hang out in the body?
    Some sources say, "Hair tests are even worse, since your body stores THC in the hair follicles. For this reason, the previous answers to “How long does marijuana stay in your system?” are only useful if you're going to be forced to take a urine test. For the hair test, depending on the amount of hair that the company takes, it's possible that marijuana could be detected up to three years after the last time that you smoke."

Search: hair drug test - there is a chart on this site that gives you estimated length of time drugs stays in the system.
    Marksman243 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Don't know if he's had the follicle test or not. If not, that's not really enough to show up. THC can be detected for around 6 months. But just about all only go back about 120 days. They only you the first 3-5cm off the scalp. Don't but some that shampoo cleanser. The follicle is like a tree and the "records" are on the center of the follicle. Good luck... No Worries though!
    worrried sick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 10:28 AM

I have only been clean now for a week, I will be getting a hair follicle test for Thc, what will help to get the THC out of my hair
    Scared gota dui Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 01:33 PM
    They make a certain type of shampoo that you can buy at any smoke shop (i.e where they sell bongs and other weed paraphernalia) It isn't cheap however. Its about 40 bucks more or less.
    amberdextra Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2009, 11:37 AM
    3 hits will not show up. FACT:My ex smoked 4 hits 6 weeks ago and passed the test.
    Good thing, because those hair follicle shampoos are a scam.
    BradlyP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 06:07 AM
    Comment on worrried sick's post
    Don't bother with the test. You can not clean it out of hair follicles. All them detox products do not work. You need to be clean for at least 90 days.
    rickricky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Just to add some insight. I had a hair test done a few days ago and passed it. I haven't done any hard drugs in several years but about a month and a half before the test I smoked a few hits one day then the following two I shared a joint with another buddy of some killa bud I am very active and most likely have a high metabolism. I am no expert but I passed a hair follicle test. I was laid off 1 week from getting high. Most of thejobs I applied for required a hair follicle test I felt pretty stupid for smokin and stressed out bad... lesson learned. Good luck
    zandydon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 08:25 PM
    If someone smoked 8 grams of marajuna in a six month peroid and went clean for 90 days will a hair folical drug test show up positive?
    aceblazen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Well I smoked a few hits jjust last week and then a few more hits a couple weeks ago... was clean for years before that... becasue it was recent am I screwed?
    reallifebro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 12:50 AM
    I haven't done drugs in my entire life, but I ate a lot of ***** in the past 6 months and a few of the girls were huge pot heads, I ended up failing a hair follicle test a few days ago. I went into the test thinking I would pass for sure and I talked to some of the experts after and they said that since I have transferred juices with a drug user recently, it ultimately led to the reason I failed the test.
    rander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 11:02 AM
    I haven't smoke that much since last year, several times plus about 2and half months ago. I don't have a high body fat as I read it metabalizes in fat. Am I OK?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reallifebro View Post
    i havent done drugs in my entire life, but I ate a lot of ***** in the past 6 months and a few of the girls were huge pot heads, I ended up failing a hair follicle test a few days ago. I went into the test thinking I would pass for sure and I talked to some of the experts after and they said that since I have transferred juices with a drug user recently, it ultimately led to the reason I failed the test.
    You received some very bad advice from your "experts." That is not and cannot be the reason you tested positive. The singular possibility based on your statement is external contamination.
    vmccann Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Use this link for more information on hair testing, how long, and what you might be able to do

http://marijuanahairtest.com/

Oct 3, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Don't waste your money on kits or shampoo... it doesn't work

Oct 3, 2012, 01:09 PM
    PS Drying or bleaching of the hair may create a different result also, otherwise, shave your head
    gufdiver77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
    If I had 1 puff on a joint approx. 60 days ago will it show up on a hair test if taken soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Follicle Test: Oxycontin, Heroine [ 6 Answers ]

A close family member of mine is having a hair follicle test done. In the past couple weeks she used heroine, oxycontin, and percosets. I know hair follicle tests check for 5 classes of drugs including cocaine, meth, opiates etc. Will this test also determine if she used oxycontin and...

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't smoked weed in 2 years but on Saturday I hit it 4 times and took 4 pill how could I pass with over the counter or any thing I can buy at a store I have to take a hair drug on Tuesday

Hair Follicle Drug Test [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hair follicle drug test coming up in a 3-4 days. I smoked marijuana about a month and a half ago for the first time in 8 years. I have short hair that I cut every week and a half. I only had a few hits off a bowl when I smoked. Will that show up in a hair follicle drug test?

Need to know about hair follicle test!http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/ [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am just wondering if there is a shampoo or something that can be used to pass a hair follicle test. If so where do I start looking for it. I have heard that there is a shampoo for this. Is this true?

View more questions Search