Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vovalle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 04:45 AM
    How can I go about helping my daughter get custody of her baby
    How can I helpy daughter get custody of her baby of the police let the baby stay with the fatherwhich is a little 15 yr who smokes marijuana and has a criminal record.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 11, 2011, 04:49 AM
    So why did your daughter loose custody in the first place, as it would normally be granted to the mother.
    That's what you need to address in front of a judge.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2011, 04:49 AM
    Doesn't sound like this is the whole story, vovalle, and it would not have been the police who awarded custody to the father, it would have been family services and the courts. I would think they carried out an investigation before they let the baby stay someone else and not the mother.

At the same time, I don't know how a fifteen year old boy is caring for a baby. Are his parents involved?

Please tellus more please.

Tick

Oct 11, 2011, 04:57 AM
    OK there are no custody papers as of yet but she was living with this boy his sister and his brother in law they called the cops on her and they asked her to leave the apt without here baby

Oct 11, 2011, 05:06 AM
    Ok there are no custody papers as of yet
    But they called the cops on her and told them they wanted her out of the apt and she had to leave without the baby. When cops got there they asked her to get all her things and get out which they should not have done because that is something civil not criminal.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 11, 2011, 05:11 AM
    In that case she needs to go back, with the police if needed, and get her child.
    The police will NOT stop her doing this.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Is he the legal father? If so, there is nothing the police will do without a custody order. He has the same rights that she does, and the police can't enforce a custody order that doesn't exist. Without one, he has the right to keep the baby, just like she has the right to take the baby. They can't make him give the baby to her without a court order. You need an attorney.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 11, 2011, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    In that case she needs to go back, with the police if needed, and get her child.
    The police will NOT stop her doing this.
    I disagree. The police cannot force entry into his home, or turn the baby over to her, without a court order, assuming he is able to document that he is the father.

Quote Originally Posted by kcomissiong View Post
    Is he the legal father? If so, there is nothing the police will do without a custody order. He has the same rights that she does, and the police can't enforce a custody order that doesn't exist. Without one, he has the right to keep the baby, just like she has the right to take the baby. They can't make him give the baby to her without a court order. You need an attorney.
    Exactly.

To help your daughter get a custody order, you should speak to several local attorneys to find one willing to represent her by filing a custody petition. You will probably need to help her with the lawyer's fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helping my daughter build confidence [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all, I looking for some pointers from other parents who have children that lack confidence. My daughter is going on 9 years old and still hides from people rather than talk to them or acts like she doesn't see them. On the occasions I have caught her doing it, I've asked her and she...

Helping me with my boyfriend that have a baby with another girl [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are turning 20 this year and we moved in our own place 8 months ago. I knew from the beginning that he might be a father. He told me that she cheated on him so many times that he can not be the father. So later when the child was 1 years old we went to the party and the baby...

Boyfriends daughter not helping out [ 16 Answers ]

How do I get my boyfriends 21 year old daughter to clean her room and do her dishes, when she is asked to do it she gets mad and want come home for 5 or 6 days and her room is the way she leaves it. Please help

Helping the transition of Stepfather and daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old daughter and we have just moved in with my boyfriend. We have plans of getting married and having children. All of which my daughter wants. But it seems when ever my boyfriend tells her something she gets mad and cries. Also says he's being mean. I know this is not the case. I...

View more questions Search