Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACarrasco70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 02:55 PM
    L120 lawn tractor blades will not engage
    I have an L120 lawn tractor which works perfectly except that when you engage the pto to turn on the cutting blades it burns out the 20 amp fuse which shuts off the engine. What could be causing this? Could it be the clutch?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Could be the copper windings in the coil shorting out .
    Unplug the clutch , pull the switch see if it stills blows fuse l
    If not clutch , if so switch ,
    Luck
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Hi,
    The switches are notorious for causing this.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn tractor model 917.256524 when I engage the blades the belt will not tu [ 5 Answers ]

When I engage the blades on my 917.256524 the belt does not spin is there a tension adjustment for it?

John deere L120 lawn tractor transmission [ 2 Answers ]

Can fluid be added to the hydrostatic transaxle? The tractor will run for a bit but when you go to pull hills its just holding onto hope that you can climb it... I would like to try to salvage this tractor, if possible, for a month or two until I can purchase another... after about a half an hour...

John deere lawn-tractor L120 mobility [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere lawn tractor,modelL120,4 1/2 yrs. Old,85 hrs. use and maintained regularly.This season it barely moves w/ or w/o blades engaged and no matter how fast engine is running.It seems as if it may be in a bind(one of the rear wheels?), but transmission doesn't appear to be...

Lawn tractor will not engage engine [ 1 Answers ]

The plastic gear on top of what I guess is the starter on model no.917-257631(craftsman 42') is worn down and Icannot find the part or part no. anywhere

View more questions Search