Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maramfaith24 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 02:05 PM
    How to get dog urine smell out of my carpet?
    My boyfriend and I got a puppy a few months ago and as puppies do he's peed in the house here and there. I cleaned each mess up each time, but now that winter has started and were using our heater, we can smell it even though we cleaned it? I'm pretty grossed out by it and need some help figuring out how to take care of it.

I want something I can take care of all the carpet with, because I obviously can't remember were he peed each time.

Anyone who can help out there?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 6, 2011, 02:10 PM
    You can purchase a dog urine kit with a black light and an enzyme that will consume the remaining urine. Black Light World - ZAP Pet Stain and Odor Removal
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2011, 01:32 AM
    Odor removers with enzymes work great as ballenger has suggested, but I just use the old fashioned baking soda trick. Just sprinkle baking soda on the area, lave for an hour or so and then vacuum up. A bowl of baking soda in the fridge can get rid of nasty smells in there as well, wonderful stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get rid of a strong ammonia smell from pet urine in carpet? [ 12 Answers ]

I read on the internet to use 50% water and 50% white vinegar (first step) and then baking soda (second step) and the final step is hydrogen peroxide and liquid soap to rid carpet of pet urine ammonia smells. It did not work. The house smells even worse. I need to know what I can use to neutralize...

Dog Urine Smell in my Fridge [ 4 Answers ]

HELP! My dog has repeatedly peed on the floor in my kitchen. The BIGGER problem is that my floor is slanted, and the pee runs down under the fridge. We have repeatedly pulled the fridge from the wall, and cleaned the floor thoroughly with ammonia and every other pet odor eliminator cleaner...

Rights as an Apartment Dweller and Dog Urine Smell from Previous Renter [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into an apartment in Amarillo, Texas that was supposed to be painted and cleaned by 10/15. It was indeed painted and the carpet looked clean when I went in. As the paint smell diminished, I noticed a another pungent smell. I soon discovered it was dog urine. I could still see...

Dog smell in carpet from peeing how do I get the smell out/ [ 16 Answers ]

How do I get the dog pee smell out of my carpet?

Cat urine smell in carpet [ 4 Answers ]

At some point one of the starys I feed has managed to get in and leave me a nasty niff on my office carpet. I have washed it with warm water and detergent on 5 separate occasions but I can not get rid of the smell and now I am sure the damp carpet is making it worse. Any ideas gratefully...

View more questions Search