Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lollipop999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 01:53 PM
    He rejected me. When is good to talk to him again?
    I met this guy in college. It was my last semester, and he still has 2 years to go. We've been friends for that whole semester. We're both funny and friendly but reserved, so he was the only one I really became friend from that class, and so was I to him.

I was attracted to him, but I was trying to make sure my feelings don't get to deep, because I was planning on going to grad school in another country. Then in May, right before school ended, we worked on a project together and he wanted to visit my place really late at night. Around that time, I started to feel that he has feelings for me too, because he would lean on me and would whisper to my ears and stuff.. He wouldn't do that to anybody, I know that for sure.

Anyway, while he stayed at my place that night, I confessed that I liked him, and he put his arm around me and then we were laying on my bed. I stopped him, because I felt like he misunderstood my intention. I wasn't trying to sleep with him, I just wanted to tell him my feelings and wanted to find out about his feeling.

When I asked him about his feelings, he said that he doesn't know and my feelings were surprise to him. Then he said he's not ready for a serious relationship and he doesn't want to use my feelings to just have fun for 5 days since I'll be gone farway to study after graduation. He basically rejected me and when I asked him if we could stay as friends, he said he can't. He said that he doesn't believe in friendship between girl&guy.

Several days later I texted him really casually, just saying how are you and he did reply. I tried to talk to him in person by asking him to see me then he said that's not a good idea...

He went back to his country for summer, and while he was there I tried to friend request him on fb and stuff, but he just ignored me. Now he's back in US. And it happened that I'm not going to study overseas, rather I'll be starting next year at the college we went together..

Its been almost 4 months since I talk to him, and I see he's online everyday.. Is it OK for me to say "hi how you've been?" that kind of stuff? Or would it push him away? He probably doesn't even know that I'm still here.. I really want this guy, but I don't know if he's completely over with me or I still have chance..

I know this is really long, but wish someone could advise me. Thank you
    scentedcandles Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 30, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Don't ever contact him... move on.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Hi lollipop, you've tried to text him, he doesn't answer,you've also friends requested him on fb,still no response,you know he's on line, so he must know you are too,surely that is saying leave me alone, by him.

You seem intent on speaking to him,although that may not be a good idea,he may say something that you'd rather not hear,however I get the feeling that you will not give up until your told point blank.

The only thing I can think for you to do is too e-mail him,that way you can be polite and fill him in on your current situation,no pressure.He can then take his time reading your mail and decide if he will correspond to it.(I presume you have his e-mail address)

Stop texting or trying to message him in every other way,give it a while and then e-mail him if you must,if only to close the chapter for yourself which will allow you to move foreword.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 12:10 PM
    I've been in this very situation sweetheart.

When I was 16, I had a close male friend, whom I eventually fell for. It seemed like he liked me back, but he sent extreme mixed signals. One minute he'd be telling me I'm 'hot', the next he'd ignore me.

Needless to say, in the end he turned out to have just been leading me on, and when he found something else to do, he completely stopped talking to me.

I think you're wasting your time honey. You've got more to life to experience than to be waiting on this one in particular. Forget him! And just remember, the one that's right for you will never let you go.

X Dani
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
    Sorry but he doesn't seem interested at all. If he was you would know it.

Hey you tried, it didn't work. That happens. Not all encounters will be a love connection.
    lollipop999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 11:25 PM
    Thanks guys for your honest opinions.. I finally decided to let go of this guy. I just felt like we could work something out, but probably I was trying to comfort myself by thinking this way..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 3, 2011, 09:59 AM
    That's a great observation!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rejected a good friend that's a boy [ 4 Answers ]

There is this guy who really likes me but I don't like him. He has been a really good friend since 2nd grade. I think its weird to date a guy that you are best friends with (MY OPINION). He has asked me out like 8 times and I have said no. now my best friend is just friends with him. He text her...

A good friend won't talk to me. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey. Just joined this forum to ask a question that's really been bugging me lately. Just started High School this school year and this is a school which has kids from different towns. This means that I won't know a lot of them and I met some friends. One of them, opposite sex, became one of my...

Got rejected by my friend and now she doesn't talk as much anymore [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I have been friends with this girl that I work with for a few months and when we first met we became friends because of her attraction to me. I am 24 and she is 18. I just got out of a relationship so I made it clear to her that I wasn't ready to move on yet but when I am I hoped she...

Is it good to talk dirty? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend asked me to call him daddy during sex. And he wanted me to say some dirty words too. I actually don't like to say those things. I just wanted our sex to be romantic and passionate. He told me never to call him honey during sex. Do guys act like that all the time?

If Federal return was rejected is State also rejected automatically? [ 1 Answers ]

My federal return was rejected because a dependent child was claimed on another return for EIC as well as mine. I had filed the return electronically. My NJ state return was filed by mail and I haven't heard anything yet about it being rejected. Now that I've corrected my federal return I owe the...

View more questions Search