Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riverpony Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Why doesn't my step-mom like me?.
    A few years ago, my dads girlfriend moved in with us and every thing was going great. But reacently she doesn't seem to like me its almost as if I iritate her. Im 13 so its not like I can't have a mature convosation with her and some times its fine like we'll chat but occationaly ill accidentally forget to flush the loo or I don't know forget to put something away shell have a go and act all shifty with me for ages and like sighes every time I walk into the room... Dose she hate me? Should I just move in with my mum fulltime? (Ilive with her half the week) maby my dad and my step mom would be happyer that way... Any advice? Please help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Would you be happier with your mom (you are from the UK right)?

Is there any court order in place that you know of, that says you have to live with your father? If so, would be a deciding factor, cause living with your dad means he doesn't have to pay child support.

Your happiness is tantamount but you don't tell us much of the whole situation to give you an informed answer.

Tick

Sep 26, 2011, 12:05 PM
    Thanks but I live with my dad half the week and my real mum the other and its not like I don't want to live with my dad at all its just I treat his girlfriend like royalty and... its wired shell be great for a little and not like me for ages when I haven't even done anything... I just want her to like me... ps how did you know I was from the U.K?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 12:10 PM
    We know because you used the word "loo."
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We know because you used the word "loo."

Yes, that too, but a couple of expressions are totally british; like 'have a go'

tick
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by riverpony View Post
    thanks but i live with my dad half the week and my real mum the other and its not like i dont want to live with my dad at all its just i treat his girlfriend like royalty and ... its wired shell be great for a little and not like me for ages when i havent even done anything...i just want her to like me... ps how did u know i was from the U.K?

River, I don't think she dislikes you; maybe she wants to be alone with your dad totally and finds you an interloper,when you actually are not. You actually have more right to be there then she does;I guess you will just have to put up with her antics if you don't have to bother with her full time. Maybe your dad will get tired of her and kick her out.

Tick

Oct 12, 2011, 12:08 AM
    Thanks guys, but he's completely smitten with he at the moment still I really appreciate the advice, maby I just need 2 get 2 know her a little better xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step son treating step mom disrespectfully [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old step son. I have been with his dad for six years, and we have been married for three years. I have been through a lot with the boy and his mom since day one. He lived with us for about nine months, but just recently his mom moved about four hours away and he made the...

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

My dad is never home and step mom talks bad about my mom and step dad, I want to mov [ 4 Answers ]

Im 16 years old, and I live in Ohio. Today topped the list of my life. I have a go cart and I messed up our 700 yard driveway. Before they would let me go to my moms for the weekend I was told to clean up the ruts and stuff I made. So I did. Then my step mom came down and asked me to do all the...

Step-dad has been supporting step son after mom moved out and now want custody [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my step-son since he was 2 bio dad has only seen him a total of 48 hrs in 4 years, bio mom left step son with me and I have supported him by myself with out her for past year. I had to do paperwork so that he could go to school, provided medical and babysitting for him, now bio parents...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

View more questions Search