Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexa1008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 05:02 PM
    I have a question, what if I am on bench probation and want to leave the USA by crossing the border driving, I don't have to see an officer, is there a way for them to know that I am gone
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2011, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa1008 View Post
    I have a question, what if I am on bench probation and want to leave the USA by crossing the border driving, I don't have to see an officer, is there a way for them to know that I am gone
    So what is bench probation? Does that mean you are on unsupervised probation? You may be able to leave the country but you may have a very hard time gaining reentry at the US border if you decide to return and the US Customs officer runs your name into the computer.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Hello a:

I, too, don't know what bench probation is... But, if it's UNSUPERVISED, then I'd take it at its word. If you're unsupervised, then there's nobody to ask if you can go.. That's what UNSUPERVISED means.

Now, it's entirely possible that the probation department doesn't KNOW what unsupervised means, so they probably want you to check with them... I know - makes no sense - but they ARE cops, after all.

excon
    alexa1008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 09:19 PM
    Yes, bench probation means I am unsupervised, so I am planning on never returning to USA, so then is there anyway for them to catch me crossing the border or even taking an airplane? I have nothing here in USA so I just want to get out of here, also if I came back would I go to prison? I most likely won't be back though, just curious of my way out if it's possible without getting caught and the risk coming back
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
    Hello again, a:

Nahh.. You can probably leave OK.. But, they put a warrant out for your arrest and it might get executed where ever you are in the world.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 08:29 PM
    Can you leave the US, yes, I am sure there will be little issue, assuming it is a minor issue that you are on probation for. Since you will need a visa to get into the other nations.

And of course once you don't respond to the court , they issue a warrant, and if they want you bad enough can bring you back from where you go. ( minor issue most likely wont')
    But if you are a US citizen, you will have to get a visa to stay in the country you are moving to, and having a warrant for your arrest can harm that ability also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bench probation for dui deferral [ 4 Answers ]

How difficult is it to get your bench probation dropped to join the military? My sons po said you can't use the military as a reason, hed have to have another reason like getting a job out of state or whatever. Is it something the military will allow or not?

I have 2 yrs. Bench probation, 1st 6 months supervised. Can I move out of state? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got two years Probation. It was a misdemeanor and will be off my record in two years.. The first 6 months will be supervised. I want to move out of state. Can I? How?

Bench Warrants [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know if there is a way on the internet to see if there is a warrant out for my arrest?

A shower bench [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing a bench in a shower and want to use concrete blocks. Is there any weight limit that might avoid damage to a shower pan?

View more questions Search