Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TomMyles Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Why do I want to cut myself all the time?
    Everyday, all day, I just think about taking a razor and just slicing myself. I hate myself, I hate life. I disgust myself, I can't even look in a mirror without wanting to smash it to pieces anymore... I feel that I deserve pain, I don't want to tell anyone because I just feel like a burden and that I'm wasting their time. Would people even miss me? Somehow I doubt it...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Okay. Come over here to my kitchen table. Sit down. Here's a plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies -- just made them this morning. Do you want a glass of milk with them? Ah, good! Here you go! Cold milk. Cookies and milk -- nothing better than that. In fact, I'll pour myself a glass too and take a few cookies.

Now, let me get settled in my chair. Tell me what's going on that you want to cut yourself. Are you mad at yourself or someone else? What's frustrating you? School? Home life? Sibs? Parents?

Sep 7, 2011, 03:21 PM
    I actually went and got a glass of milk...

I'm just so, angry, all the time at other people but mostly myself for just existing. I feel like such a failure, anything I do just doesn't work, or it does and is beaten by someone else... I'm also really sensitive when people insult me about anything, even if it's meant as a joke I'll still feel low after they've said it. I've also had various plans of suicide but never gone through with them... I was also in intensive care once and someone said to me that it was a shame I didn't die in there, I think that too... 50/50 chance to live or die and I got the other half...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Tell me two GOOD things about your life.

Sep 7, 2011, 03:30 PM
    I have friends who live less than a minutes walk away from my house and I would say family but they're the ones who "Blessed" me with this curse called life...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:38 PM
    Favorite school subject?

Do you have a pet?

Sep 7, 2011, 03:47 PM
    I'm in college now but I suppose it'd have to have been music and I have a dog
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 7, 2011, 03:50 PM
    Tom, been there done that... believe me when I know the misery you are feeling. While being accepted by people is something we do all want to a degree... some of the happiest people I have ever met are the ones that have learned to accept themselves.. even if others haven't really. We only get one chance at this thing called life and it's up to nobody but ourselves to make it what it can be. Is there anything specific that seems to be going so bad?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:51 PM
    I have a lot of questions too but will let Wondergirl do her magic.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:51 PM
    Tell me more about the music. Do you play an instrument? Have you had music history and music appreciation? Are you in a band?

(After we talk about this, I'll ask about the dog. Hee hee)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 03:54 PM
    Uh oh. Now I have competition for your attention, Tom. (And I was just getting started... )

Sep 7, 2011, 03:59 PM
    I sing but that's about it, I was in a band but got kicked out, even though I was the one who brought the band together (Musical differences)... I got a C in my GCSE so I suppose I didn't do bad...

hauntinghelper - It's just difficult to feel happy at all anymore...

Sep 7, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Nah it's fine I'm focused on your replies mostly
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Tell me -- are you tenor or bass?

Sep 7, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Hmmmmm I would say tenor
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 04:16 PM
    Why kicked out? What happened?

What kind of band? Punk? Alternative? Rock? Metal? (Can you tell? I have two sons... )

Sep 7, 2011, 04:21 PM
    They were all into like Bon Jovi, The Kinks, Boston and other bands like that whereas I was more into metal and awesome, how old are they?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 04:27 PM
    My sons are 36 and 40 now, but they have trained me well.

So you got kicked out because you didn't sing the "same song" as the other band members.

Did you watch American Idol and see James Durbin perform? Now that guy could perform metal!

Sep 7, 2011, 04:33 PM
    I can see that haha... Anyway I need to get to bed now, got College tomorrow. Thank you for your help!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 04:36 PM
    Please come back and I'll ask more questions. (I do have more. You're an interesting guy.)

Sleep well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name two ways to cut down on waiting time to the children? [ 5 Answers ]

Name two ways to cut down on waiting time to the children?

HONDA ACCORD 1992 will cut on and cut off after making loud whistling sounds [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my car on it makes this loud noise and it cuts right back off but it gets very hot fast

My husband got 75yrs howdoes the appeal work for a time cut [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently got sentenced to 75yrs for poss. Of certain chem w/int to mfg. He has never had the opportunity for rehabilitation and was portrayed as a mfg of drugs. He is not, he is an addict. There were 5 of us in that apt. that day yet the DA choose to put it all on my husband because...

Cut off/on time on a pressure tank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a newly installed centrifugal water pump at home with a 72 gal tank. The problem is that t pump/motor always run after using just few amount of water. I investigated its cycle and found out that it went off when pressure reached 30 psi and goes on when it is at 20psi. Have seen its diagram...

Is it time to cut my losses and move forward? [ 3 Answers ]

I wrote a while back about someone who use to be one of my best friends. One day she just stopped talking to me, accepting my calls, or responding to any emails I sent her. I apologized and told her whatever I did I was sorry although I honestly to this day have no idea what it was that I did....

View more questions Search