Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TTCanadian Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Why is my Male Dog Trying to ReMount My Pregnant Female?
    I have a breeding pair of Toy American Eskimo Dogs. The Female is 6 weeks Pregnant and for the last 2 days the Male has been behaving like she's in Heat. Licking,sniffing,trying to "get his groove on" and spraying his "man Stuff" everywhere. The Female is not interested and has made that quite clear however he's not getting the message. This is not the first Pregnancy but it is the first time Taz has displayed this type of behavior. Any one have an explanation?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 27, 2011, 03:06 PM
    The female, although pregnant, still smells like she is in heat. You will have to separate the two of them. Is the male younger then the female?

And you are breeding them, for what purpose ?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2011, 12:05 AM
    Use a product towards her rear to deter him.

Regular perfumes work for some dogs, others require something a little stronger like a little dab of vicks. If applied to the tail or back legs the smell often overpowers and scent the b*tch is giving off, or just plain deters them.

Some males are often confused by different scents. A friend of mine has a male at the moment who thinks the smell coming from an abscess on his spayed female housemates back means she is in season.

Is this male a stud dog? Neutering him is one obvious solution.

May I ask why the repeat mating? Do you show or compete in dog sports?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2011, 12:39 PM
    I would venture to say that the male is ill-mannered and the female isn't forceful enough.

Breeding dogs, just like breeding stud horses, are very bold and can be obnoxious and can hurt the female. I like the idea of separation. It'll be less heartache for everyone involved.

I hope you are a good breeder..
    TTCanadian Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 02:36 PM
    I used some Vanilla body spray and he's resting she's resting and I'm resting!
    I think we are good breeders We make sure we have screened prospective owners and have the pups homes all ready before any mating takes place. We have a Single breeding pair and all our other "Eskies" are fixed so there is no chance of an OOps.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2011, 07:58 AM
    That is honestly great to hear :-) thank you for being a responsible breeder
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2011, 09:49 AM
    Excellent, glad the body spray has worked!
    BrimhallGSD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 11:21 AM
    I'm glad to find this! My male is trying to get my female and she's 7 weeks along. It started after her x-ray. But I'm going to go spray her with body spray :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Female dog won't go and stay outside since I'm pregnant. [ 8 Answers ]

I'm pregnant and my female dog won't go and stay outside.she scratches at the door and is driving me crazy! What do I do? I don't want to go out with her, my male stays out.

Can a 19yrs old female who got pregnant from a 17yrs old male be charged for rape [ 4 Answers ]

Can a 19yrs old female who got pregnant from a 17yrs old male be charged for rape

Can a 5 month old puppy get a female dog pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

Our older female dog has just come into heat, we have recently got a puppy who is now 5 months old, and he has been getting pretty friendly with her since she's been in heat. Can he get her pregnant, his testicles have not dropped yet, is that a good sign, we can't get her spayed as she has a...

Why does new female bite male dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 chihuahuas. Kobi, male, 5 yrs; Scooter, male, 3 yrs; CiCi, female, 2 yrs and my newest one is Dixie, female, 5 yrs. Dixie will lick Kobi's ears one minute and the next minute she is biting him. Sometimes he cries but does not respond by biting back. Sometimes he will snap at her but she...

Help with a pregnant female dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the behaviour of a pregnant female dog, How they would act towards other dogs/females,

View more questions Search