Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chicka_thedog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 12:21 PM
    How old do u have to be to get a lip piercing?
    My daughter is 13 and she has been begging me for snake bites, I approved of it because her friend has them and her mother is very protective so can you help me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 12:23 PM

So you already approved it because your daughter's friend has them?

Help you with what?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2011, 12:35 PM
    DO you have any idea what snake bites actually are?

Here's a mild example:

Wy do I have a feeling that this is the 13 year old and NOT the mother, possibly the turn of phrase used ;)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 03:41 PM
    No way I would let a 13 year old do this. I think most areas have a minimum age of 18 and I'm guessing that's for a good reason.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2011, 11:13 AM
    My OH had his lip pierced, the piercer put the needle in too high and he ended up having to remove it as due to its position it rubbed on his teeth and impaired him while eating. He now has a lovely scar on one side of his lip.

No way would I let a 13 year old get anything other than their ears pierced, and no I wouldn't just get it done if I were you, not if you value your relationship with your parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Sorry, I can not believe this is really a mother, no loving mother would allow this to be done to a young child.

And no mother does it because someone else's mother did it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicka_thedog View Post
    My daughter is 13 and she has been begging me for snake bites, I approved of it because her friend has them and her mother is very protective so can you help me??
    Is this the father? Or is this the 13 year old?

Help you what? Mess up your daughter's face?
    hibrohi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 04:42 PM
    Oh my god , All the people Telling you that there going to mess up your daughters face , Just let her I'm 13 and I want one too . Is that so bad ? Who cares if I'm young , because I'm not THAT Young . -_-
    Entomology Expert

Nov 1, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hibrohi View Post
    Oh my god , All the people Telling you that there gonna mess up your daughters face , Just let her im 13 and i want one too . Is that so bad ? Who cares if im young , because im not THAT Young . -_-
    Yeah you are.
    katiestar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 04:40 PM
    Well I'm twelve (soon to be 13) I asked my mom if my friend could do mine she said no. Then asked her if she would take me and she said "We'll see". Because she wants to get them so if she gets them I do.

I say let your daughter get them because all she is really trying to do is express herself. That's what parents don't realize :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katiestar View Post
    I say let your daughter get them because all she is really trying to do is express herself. Thats what parents don't realize :)
    How does poking holes in one's face express oneself? Please explain.

Or is it a case of doing like others (older kids, music stars) are doing?
    M4r1M4r Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 01:02 AM
    So I'm 13, and I want a lip piercing too. My mother is aware of this. And se let me. But, this does not mean my mother does not care about me, she is just letting me be who I want to be. Parents, I understand this is completely horrible to you guys, especially cause we are 13, but when you were 13 didn't you want to do something your parents didn't let you do? Maybe be someone you were not allowed to be? I'm not insulting you guys or anything, I'm just telling you a way we 13 look at it and maybe just maybe you may not understand. Sometimes we want these things because we want to be who we are, or different. And sometimes we just want to look cool, or like our favorite rockstar. But honestly, I personally think getting a piercing on the lip is not horrible. And maybe you can buy your kid a fake one, to make sure they actually like it or something like that :)
    janne7890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
    I'm 13 now and I think that getting you daughter piercings at this age was not a good idea and even though I want them really bad 13 is way too young so you should have waited until she was at least 13.
    kayteekakes Posts: 29, Reputation: -3

Mar 2, 2012, 05:25 AM
    All right mom 1st of all Don't let her do it until you see what it is! And definitely don't let her just because someone else let their kid!! I'm a kid and even I know that!
    2nd these people saying your crazy? They are the crazy ones! If your daughter wants it done I would make her wait personally until she's at least 15 but let her do it now so when she's your age she doesn't have gauges, a back corset, and 1000s of scars from countless piercings! They're addicting they truly are.
    3rd Make a negotiation for grades or something. My mom said if I got straight A's instead of Ds then I could get anything I wanted as long as I paid. I have all A's and a B and I'm supposed to jump into my Senior year from Sophomore next month.
    4th she wouldn't be screwing up anything? I bet any money your kids got her ears done? Yeah no difference there, welcome to the 2000s. If she does get done you can always get a retainer for fancy events you don't want them to be visible for. As for scarring if its done correctly and doesn't get infected then they'll barely be noticeable.
    Kathyy_jonhs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Hi Myy Namee is Kathyy I Think 12 My daughter is 12 and she has been begging me for snake bites, I approved of it because her friend has them and her mother is very protective so can you help me?
    Entomology Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Help you do what?
    Bookie123p Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Yes, you should ! Kids love them
    Bookie123p Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Yes that is all okkayy, cause I let my kid do the same !
    netsirkami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
    Just let her get it, damn. I was 12 when I got my tongue pierced, 15 when I got my snake bites. I'm 18 now, and I have taken my snake bites out and I'm about to get my lip re-pierced. It doesn't leave a scar that is big enough for you to even notice. Stop being so uptight and let your child be a kid. Jeez. If you don't let her, and she really wants it she will rebel against you anyway.
    cupcakes101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 01:37 AM
    I thknk you should let her I want one so bad and my mum is so strict so she's only being who she is so let her express her self (im13 by the way ) x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice about Lip piercing - scar tissue inside mouth by lip ring [ 0 Answers ]

I have a bump inside my lip after a few months from getting my lip pierced, Is there a way to get rid of the scar tissue, without taking the lip ring out?

Well same Q Again Lip Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I still want too get my lip pierced and a brother of my sisters husband said that he would do it for free and they took me today but I told them that I didn't want to do it until I researched more so they said all right. So I was just wondering why it isn't recommended to get my lip pierced. Like...

Lip piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I just pierced my lip myself 1 day ago I have several piercings on my face but non of them have swallon up as big as my lip I was just wondering how long it would take for my lip to get my lip back to normal size!!

Lip piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I've wanted to get my lip pierced for awhile but worried what it would do to my teeth and gum's. Is it really going to effect them in away if I was to get it pierced?

Piercing My Lip [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone my mom won't let me get my lip pierced She said id look like trash. I just got my upper ear pierced Awhile ago and I fell in love with it. I really want to get my Left lip pierced (lip ring) but my mom said that I'd have to take it out. I have decided do it though no matter...

View more questions Search