Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Popzi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Why am I crying for no reason?
    Hi, I've looked around for answers but they all seen to be on babies or puppies or something stupid like that, so, I'm not good at this type if thing so , here goes.

I'm a 13 year old girl and for most of the day I seem to be fine but when it comes to night and I'm in bed I just burst out into tears and hate myself for it. I have a good life and all but recently I've been down, tired and yeah. And when I do get to sleep I wake up and can't get back to sleep for a long time after.
    Anyone know what it is? Any answer will be appresiated.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2010, 04:00 PM

*hugs* I know how you feel hon. It's a normal (if not sucky) part of growing up. Your hormones are going nuts on you and don't know what to do one minute to the next.

do you have a trusted female adult in your life? Preferable a mother (but many girls find that difficult) possibly and aunt, a best friends mom, or something of that nature? Sit down, have some nice hot flavored tea in a quiet setting alone, and just talk. Even if its about nothing. I do this with my niece (with her mothers knowledge of course) and it helps her a great deal. She is 12, and has a tendency to break out into tears randomly for no reason, or so it seems. But usually there is a reason in there. Be it a rational, GOOD reason, or NOT. Sometimes its as simple as your hair didn't do what you wanted it, or your acne just isn't as clear as you like.

also, if you haven't yet, start writing in a journal. Keeping a diary of your days can help get any frustrations or emotions out on paper in a calm and private way. It can help a lot!

good luck hon. And we are always here to talk, but definitely talk to the adult females in your life about it too, mom, aunt, grandma, older sister, etc.
    lizzy1135 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 01:57 PM
    I'm like that to I am also 13 sometimes watching a sad film starts me off but make me worse. I am going to start writing a thing on my computer because that is where no one can see it. I tried talking to my mom but she just egnored me and that was noying. I don't have many frineds to talk to as no one really likes me and I have no one special in my life so I don't know what to do either
    MiSSlEiAlOhA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 03:31 AM
    I know how you all feel. Even tonight, I just got off the phone with my boyfriend and all of a sudden, I started crying. My whole life is doing good, but honestly, I think all of us have a problem with some sort of thing in life that we just can't figure out. I think that it may be depression. But who knows? I'm only 14 living a normal life...
    michelle08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 10:56 AM
    OK? I'm 39 and I cry for what seams like no reason!I would love to tell you its something simple like hormones or whatever... but mine's not that! So? I don't even have to hear or see or think about something sad... I just choke up. It's so annoying! Then, my 16 year old son says he's been struggling with the same thing for a while now. And he's not an "emo" person either. Far from it! So... you tell me honey cause it really bothers me when it happens too. I don't want to hear depression or bipolar. It seems to me those terms are thrown around. Kind of like ADD. If 'they' ( doctors) don't know an answer, they give you a popular term. I'm sick of that. What is wrong with us? (me and my son)? You tell me what you think. Thanks!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2011, 12:20 PM

This post is a year old, and the OP hasn't been back. If you would like you can make your own posting to get answers.
    (on a side note however, I do agree that bipolar and ADHD is thrown around too much)
    alchemic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 02:13 AM
    I am 29 years old man. You know, I ve never gone through such a sensitive state before. I did cry without any reason or I would say I had some thoughs that were positive, but I end up with crying. Next day I talk to my mum, she told me that the same did happen to her in the same day. I think that some people are able to feel something that we can't see or touch. Maby our planet is coming though changes.
    Karlove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Hi I am 14 years old and I cry for no reason too!! I don't understand why I do? I am a christian and I live in god. Everyday when I go to school I feel down, and I don't want to do anything because I feel like nothing but I don't really know why. I have a lot of drama going on at school and at home so when I get out of the house and go to my youth group I sometimes burst out crying during worship. I feel stupid when I do do that because everyone is looking at me and I feel retarded, I know I'm not but I feel like it and it sucks a lot because I want people to like me but no one does because they call me a cry baby and I don't like it at all so yea. At school I sometimes cry because of what people say to me. They say mean things to me and I don't know what to do. I have been saved for 3 maby 4 years, for the lst 2 years I have been saved I have been going through a lot and I just keep crying for no reason. What do you think I should do I really don't know what I should do?
    Macmac01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Feb 14, 2012, 04:08 PM
    My mum just told me that it was hormones and a sign that you r getting ready to get your period good luck hoped this helped
    Macmac01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Feb 14, 2012, 04:11 PM
    D
    katie36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
    I'm 14, and I cry for no reason, I get really angry and have ago at my loved ones. I got grounded for it then started crying. This all started when I got to high school. I don't have a lot of friends and no one to talk. My dad thinks I'm attention seeking. I go to school sad, tired and miserable but then my day gets better. I come home and I become sad again. Angry, tired, sad. I'm really good at school but I keep thinking that a fag or something will make me happy I haven't tried it yet I just want some help or advise from someone. I'm sitting in the kitchen writing this listening to my familey having a laugh in the living room. I'm really miserable and would love to hear some advise please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I keep crying [ 7 Answers ]

I have been coming home everyday from school, or anywhere I may be, get to my room and just start crying. I cry all the time, and I just have this weird feeling in my chest all the time like pressure, or like my heart is just dropping. I really do not like myself, I don't like my legs, my nose, my...

Why do I keep crying? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm only 16yrs old and I think I have some kind of emotional or mental health problem. Over the past year I have started to become very emotional and it has now got to the point where I will sit and cry but I don't know why I'm doing it. I used to be very bubbly and confident but now I can't look...

I'm crying [ 13 Answers ]

I'm 15, and heartbroken Yes I have a boyfriend, I want to break up with him but,His sister will have people jump me. He has a puppy that my mother is attached to. And if I break up with him my mom will never see the puppy again, and the puppy will continue to be abbused by my boyfriend, so we...

I keep crying for no reason [ 9 Answers ]

I am a 42 year old female and always thought I was quite a strong person but for the last 4 years I have regularly found myself crying over the most stupid things - A sad song on the radio - or just someone being nice to me - Is there anything I can do?

Puppy is crying for no reason and seems depressed [ 2 Answers ]

My 5 months and it's a boxer and for the past day she will walk slowly and cry for no reason and be very lazy

View more questions Search