Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjc311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2005, 05:28 PM
    Sprinkler pump is losing its prime
    Hi all... my sprinkler pump is losing its prime on a daily basis. I have a newly sodded lawn and need to water daily. Could it be the check valve causing this? The check valve has been rattling lately when the sprinklers are on. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated. THanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2005, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rjc311
    Hi all...my sprinkler pump is losing its prime on a daily basis. I have a newly sodded lawn and need to water daily. Could it be the check valve causing this? The check valve has been rattling lately when the sprinklers are on. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated. THanks.
    Almost missed this one. You should have posted on rhe plumbing page. Yes it defiantly sounds like a faulty check valve. Have it replaced. Running the pump dry will harm the seals. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

Water Pump Losing Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

My water pump (3/4 HP), which is at least 5-10 year old has lost the ability to retain pressure. I thought it might be the pressure tank, however, I turned off the feed from the pump to the pressure tank and it still lost pressure. This makes me believe that the pump is the problem. I draw water...

Sprinkler pump hooked up to house plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a sprinkler service for my house and the water pressure was 40 psi which they said was too low for the system. So we installed a pump. They installed the pump so that it would increase pressure through the house plumbing as well. My question is that unsafe for the pipes in my...

Sprinkler pump [ 4 Answers ]

My sprinkler pump works fine I have good pressure but the pump makes a loud screaming sound. I think my neighbors are upset with me. How can I fix the problem?

View more questions Search