Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert 78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 12:20 PM
    My 5 month old beagle is scared of night walks?
    My beagle is scared of night.She is scared to walk at night.I got her from the store.She was 8 weeks old.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 12:25 PM

Lots of puppies are scared of things, it's your job to help them adjust. If you are trying to walk her at night take a handful of kibble and while you are walking and while she is doing what you expect her to do, treat her with a piece of kibble. Let her know that there is nothing to be afraid of.

Use lots of praise and a happy voice, lots of "good girl". The thing with pet store dogs is 99.9% of them are from puppy farms and back yard breeders. No one knows what her past was, it's almost like adopting a rescue, because no one knows entirely what their past was and how they were treated. Lots of encouragement and you showing her that there is nothing to be fearful of and she will get over her fear quickly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scared 5 month old Beagle [ 7 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy 3 days ago.(5 months old) when we first brought her home she was very shy and ski-dish, also she did not eat drink pee or poop. In the last day or so she has started eating. I worry that we aren't feeding here enough because she is a beagle and they do have the tendency to...

Beagle won't sleep through the night/pees in the house [ 4 Answers ]

My husband & I have a 4 year old Beagle who won't sleep through the night. She stays in a crate during the day while we are at work and she has slept in our bed at night since she was a puppy. She wants to leave the room and go downstairs to check things out, drink, eat, etc. several times a...

Girlfriend Walks out last night, Out of the Blue [ 37 Answers ]

Hi all, First timer here, just found this great site while browsing in a confused daze. Been with GF for 3 years, we really clicked together, but I am older (5 years) and have been in a relationship before. She has not. We have both moved to a new city, new life at the beginning of the year....

MY pet beagle keeps waking up in the middle of the night! [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 3weeks, my pet beagle who's 1 and a half years old keeps on waking up in the middle of the night! What she does is get up around 3ish wanting to go to the toilet and then comes back in, potters around and then wants her breakfast really early! I'm becoming really tierd from this...

5 month beagle will not eat [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , my 5 month old beagle decided to stop eating her dry food. We were feeding her pedigree puppy food but decided to change to something else, in hopes that she would like it better. We also heard that pedigree is not that good so we started her on IAMS puppy food but she does not like it either....

View more questions Search