Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylorhobbsx Posts: 168, Reputation: -4

Aug 7, 2011, 09:16 PM
    Hello
    I just checked the email thingy to the webmaster. And it used to say "this request is being updated" and now it says "this request has been solved" but I looked myslef up and I'm still there... does that mean they are ignoring it? They said in the email they were loooking into the matter D:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2011, 03:02 AM

Taylor, WE have no idea what that site will or won't do. We have no connection with that site. All they can do is remove your info from their site. That doesn't mean it will come off search engines immediately. It may take time to do so. You need to clear your cache before checking again.

But you also need to stop stressing. The site will not contact your parents since they have no information on how to do so. Also just having your name show up on a search, in connection with someone else, is not a big deal. You had no control over what your friend did, so your parents can't blame you.

Aug 8, 2011, 03:11 AM
    Okay thank you so much... Phew... Um how do I clear my cache and what is it? :o

Aug 8, 2011, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorhobbsx View Post
    Okay thank you so much...Phew...Um how do i clear my cache and what is it?? :o
    On Internet Explorer go to Tools> Internet Options and clear your Browsing History (may be somewhat different depending on what browser you use).

Aug 8, 2011, 03:19 AM
    Im using chrome. I know how to clear my history if that's it right? Im just wondering what has clearing the history got to do with things? :) thank you so much!

Aug 8, 2011, 03:28 AM

Not only history. When you search the web, the pages are downloaded to your computer and stored in a "cache" file. When you try to go back to a page, it looks first in that cache file for the page. So what you are seeing may be the cached page, not the current one. By clearing the cache it will go out to the Net to download the page again.

Aug 8, 2011, 03:32 AM
    Oh! Ok... so I should clear my history every now and then. Thanks so much! You really helped me. :D

Aug 9, 2011, 12:19 AM
    To audreylove:
    I don't have a linkedln profile I don't even know what that is.. :o I was concerned on my formspring links showing up in Google... now I'm using the Google webmaster tool to get rid of the URL... theyve gotten rid of one link already. And I'm trying to get rid of the others if it works :S
    But thanks for answering :)

Aug 9, 2011, 03:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Audreylove View Post
    IF I understand your question correctly, ...

If this did not answer your question, please clarify.
    No you didn't understand the question correctly and Taylor was very clear. The site he is having an issue with is Formspring. LinkedIn was never mentioned. In fact, after you first responded in Post #14, you were told twice that LinkedIn was not involved.

Please read the questions more carefully. Especially in this case. The OP is young and upset, by throwing in a different site, you have made the matter worse.

Aug 9, 2011, 05:37 AM
    To ScottGem:
    Thanks for telling her! :D Do you know how to delete a Google image? D: I don't know how... do I contact the formspring site? Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Google doesn't seem to know, do you? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've got no idea how the song goes, or even remember a single lyric, but I have a video description. It was in 2009 and it was released in the UK maybe other countries? But it's of five guys dancing on stage, there kind of doing the Jackson 5 style dancing but the music was modern,...

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

If you Google your name what do you get? [ 42 Answers ]

I was rather bored and I typed my name into Google search and Google images and some of the results were funny... If you type your name into Google what does it come up with for you? (obviously don't post if it is personal, you know me, curiosity killed the cat and all that) For a Google...

Ever wonder how Google does it? [ 14 Answers ]

All that space! Gmail, Online docs & spreadsheets, calendars, Google notes, etc. etc. etc. How DO they do it?? Here's how :) :

View more questions Search