Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ijustdonotknow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 10:46 PM
    I'm still not over my ex and I can't be his friend
    I miss my ex boyfriend. We broke up 6 months ago and for a majority of the break up, I felt like I was over him. Or maybe I told myself so that I could feel better I'm not quite sure... either way, I'm right back where I was. And no I'm not lonely and just want company, I really miss him. I can't get him out of my mind. No one makes me feel the way he made me feel and that worst part is I can't tell him how I feel because he has a girlfriend which happens to be my ex best friend. I lost my best friend when they decided to go out. I told her how it made me feel and all she could say was you knew I liked him. I clearly had no clue or I wouldn't have gone out with him in the first place, and funnier thing is she introduced us to another and told us we should date. I was only with him for 3-4 months but I never felt happier. We didn't cheat on each other and he broke up with him because his life was out of control and way too much for him to handle... (lame excuse I know) but even when he broke up with me, he asked me if he asked me back out what would I say. Me being to upset at the moment to even answer said I don't know. I know how cliché and stupid I sound, but I can't help it. I loved every little thing we did together and I wish we didn't break up the way we did. I had so many things left unsaid and I just can't believe I'll never have another chance with him; even if the ex best friend and him break up I just couldn't be able to be with him. But I miss him, and I can't be friends with him. I just don't know what to do anymore. Thoughts?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2011, 08:19 AM

You move on and have no contact with him.

Find new friends and date and get to know new guys.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 2, 2011, 08:44 AM

You are idealizing your memory of this guy. Without something else in your life, you spend your time recounting in your mind "how great" it was, and every time you replay that memory you up it just a little more so that it's an ideal rather than the reality.

Look forwards instead of backwards... Once you move on from this memory you'll find new people and new things that will make you happy and forget this idealized memory.
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 30, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Unless you have already been through the heartache of getting over someone, you just feel like the hurt will never end.
    I'm talking from experience that getting over someone you loved, no matter how long you were together, is one of the hardest things you will ever do.

But TRUST me when I say, and everyone in the world will agree with me, that I promise you it gets better.

It may take weeks or months, but one morning you'll wake up, and you'll feel better than you did the day before.

I don't mean to sound patronizing, but everyone at some point in their lives has had to go through this, and everyone comes out the other side.
    You're best thing to do to speed this process along is immerse yourself in other things. Don't contact either of them, because what they did to you was really mean. You don't want people like that in your life anymore.

Hang out with different friends, have fun with them. There are plenty of other guys out there, and people don't have just one person for them that is perfect. Eventually you will find another guy who will make you feel even more special and will love you even more than this guy did. Trust me.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage son lets 19 yr. Old friend drive parents car and the friend wrecks it. [ 5 Answers ]

The 19 yr. old is licensed and has his own insurance. He is at fault in the wreck. One of the passengers in the other vehicle conveniently discovers neck pain when the police arrive. How much liability will the parents insurance company have toward vehicle repair and who is responsible for the...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

View more questions Search