Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deepwaterlucky Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Am I crazy or is there something haunting me?
    Well, I'm just going to come out and say it, I think there is something messing with me in my house. Either that or I am losing my mind. Some years ago when I was 16 I used to wake up with bruises on both my arms and sometimes I would feel like someone was touching me. On my leg or back when I was awake. Now I'm 29 and here recently things are starting to get my attention again. For instance, I was cooking and heard a knock on the front door; when I went to answer it there wasn't anyone there. Then I started to get glimpses out of the corner of my eye, and hearing someone calling my name. My husband told me I was crazy or just full of it. Well, the other night we heard a noise in our room and we didn't see what it was. The morning after I found something that was on the shelf on the other side of the room behind a chair. And that same morning he was shaving and didn't hear or see it, but I was standing right in front of our dresser and a V.F.W. token good for one beer ended up behind our computer. I heard it hit, and seen where it landed and kind of freaked me out. And of course I'm shunned off as to being "crazy". Then token belonged to my late grandfather. I also feel something touching me when I'm in bed "not my husband" because he's usually asleep when I feel these things. But it feels like something running lightly up my back or across my arms and legs. I'm not scared I just would rather be crazy than haunted. Please help! Yes I'm haunted or No, I'm nuts!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 1, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Well, between the two options, YES you're haunted. But outside of those options it could still be any number of natural explanations. However, I do believe you because I know and believe these things happen. So, you have a spirit in your home? Where do you want to go from there? Either learn to live with it or learn to deal with it. It's not dead "so and so" either. Sounds like it has been with you for some time and there can be many reasons for this... either earlier in your life or some generations back. Don't worry, there is ALWAYS hope in these situations.

Aug 1, 2011, 07:11 PM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    Thank you for getting back to me on this. I do believe in things like this and my mother is a true believer. My husband on the other hand is "you're gonna have to see it to believe it" type of person. I'm never afraid of "it" I just don't get bad vibes. But yesterday, it was definitely trying to get my attention. And I was very aware that yes, there has to be something here with me. I'm glad you responded and it makes me feel better knowing that there could be something or someone that likes me enough to haunt me or stick around. I only say like me enough,because like I said before it doesn't scare me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 07:19 PM

We had ( still have it) a house in the city, at a certain time about 60 percent of the time, each day, we would see a shadow pass the window, then shortly after you would smell pipe smoke in what was our dining area.

I sat in the front room and watched items fly off my desk ( not drop but fly) pens, notebooks and more. ** always figured they did not like my desk being in the dining area.

The previous owner of the home, used to come home about that time every day and he would often smoke his pipe in that room.

Aug 1, 2011, 07:39 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    That's weird. The day I was cooking and heard the knock on my front door, my husband took my step son and his friend to the lake while I cooked dinner. And I was home alone when I heard the knock and no one was there. We have a porch that's a good size and then the steps it takes to get down is about 5. And I even stepped out and looked both directions and I didn't think nothing of it until something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. It looked black but I'm not sure. The token instead of falling down in a line it was like it was pushed or flicked.

Aug 2, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Yes, deepwater, many people aren't "afraid" of their guests but it does not mean harm cannot come of it. As an amateur herpetologist I'm not afraid of venomous snakes... but that doesn't mean that cannot still hurt me. Harm also comes in others forms not related to the physical. If you're not interested in making it leave, at least be careful with it.

Aug 2, 2011, 06:41 PM
    How do I make it go away?

Aug 3, 2011, 04:24 PM
    That authority over spirits comes directly from God. The Bible tells us that authority has been given to those who are disciples of Him. If this is not you... then you need to find someone in church who knows who they are in Jesus Christ... and preferably someone who has had experience with this type of thing.

Aug 3, 2011, 05:34 PM
    I have no problem asking for help, I will talk to our preacher and talk to him after church and if he doesn't have any experience maybe he can point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time hauntinghelper, sorry to be a bother. Have a good one, we're just trying to stay cool in this triple degree weather.

Aug 3, 2011, 06:15 PM
    Ha, the weather is making everyone crazy. Believe me you are no bother... it is a passion of mine to help in and discuss this subject. If your pastor doesn't seem to have the knowledge or experience... we'll find someone who can help... or if you have any other questions please feel free. Good luck and God bless!

Aug 4, 2011, 09:37 AM
    Thank you!
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 11:37 PM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hauntinghelper again.

Well done gentlemen .

Sep 28, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Deepwater, just wondering how the situation is for you?
    Denise45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 12:57 PM
    No, you are not nuts, just I have been living with my fiancée for 3 and a half years.For the first 2 years I never heard or saw anything. But soon it happened, I started hearing people talking and nobody was there and then someone would sit on my bed or touch my face or I would see shadows,my fiancée didn't see or hear anything at first but then he heard the voices, then saw shadows.But for the last week someone has touched me at least 4 times and shook my bed once while we were in it.It wasn't a hard shake and my fiancée was sleeping so he didn't feel it and at first I thought I might be half asleep so I sat straight up on the bed and sure enough less than 1 minute later it happened again,now the thing is he lost his wife 4 years ago and I lost my best friend of 32 years in 2009, I was wondering if maybe my best friend was trying to make contact, he was the best friend I ever had.

Nov 1, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Denise45 - I'd be more than happy to discuss this issue with you. Please start a new thread for your question instead of using this one posted by Deepwaterlucky. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haunting [ 8 Answers ]

My 6 year old son said he sees ghost they tap him at night when he is sleeping. They come in and out of his room through the walls. He said they try to talk to him and want to play. He sees men,women boys and girls.He has a bunkbed he said they go up there because he hears them on the ladder but...

I Need to know who's HAUNTING me! [ 23 Answers ]

Hello, I am having a lot of strange experiences ever since I moved into my new home. Doors opening on there own, Loud crashes (when nothing has fallen), Scratching noises, knocking, lights going on and off, tv's being turned on, Dark shadows, A small girl Sighted and here's the most...

A haunting? [ 4 Answers ]

I just have to ask if it could be the start of a haunting or not. Last night my husband and I put our 2 small kids to bed and went to bed ourselves. I was very tired, so didn't wake up at all in the night. This morming my husband asked me why I turned on the portable air conditioner and the living...

View more questions Search