Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bookfan5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Broken tooth and Sore Gums.
    Last week, I chipped a tooth on the right side when shewing a mint. The weekend I was eating and that same tooth cracked and broke off a piece of the tooth. I am in no pain on that side but because I was afraid to eat on that right side, I began eating on the left side. Since I am not used to eating on the left side, my gums have become sore and achy. I am currently using ambesol for the pain and using Orajel Mouth Wash to rinse with, since it is said that it helps in promoting healing and such. I am also taking Advil for the soreness and achy/pain. I do have an appointment set up this Friday for a dentist, but not sure what is going to happen because I will be a new patient and have not been to a dentist in a long time. What else can be done to elevate the achy/pain that I am currently feeling? And what can be eaten since I have that broke tooth on side and achy, swollen sore gums on the other side. I just need some help until I see the Dentist.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2011, 08:46 AM

I had a dental problem some years ago and used an over-the-counter product (maybe Ambesol - I don't recall) and actually burned my gums.

Have you tried ice?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore gums from crown? [ 0 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist and got a temporary put on last Wed. here it is Sun. night and I'm still having pain in the gums. The dentist mentioned he was going to cut some of the gum due to decay and I know I have gingivitis, but now I feel a slight hole in my gum line and on the other side feels a...

Headaches and sore gums? [ 17 Answers ]

I've been having really bad headaches for the past couple days, and my gums have also been extremely sensitive for some reason. I was wondering if those could be just added symptoms of pregnancy?

Sore gums and sensitive teeth [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I had a gum infection the dentist called a hot tooth. He pulled the tooth. Later I had another tooth pulled on other side. My gums are receding. I took two rounds of antibiotic for sinus infection and also, took prednisone. My gums are sore and teeth very sensitive. Don't...

Sore gums [ 2 Answers ]

After flossing, one of my gums became sore and a little puffy/bigger. What could that mean?

Sore Gums [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I had my tooth extracted everything was fine I tried not to eat on that side of my mouth. Then this Saturdays I brushed my teeth and I must of brushed to hard cause the area where the tooth was extracted from bleed a little on my tooth brush since then my tooth as not stop...

View more questions Search