Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schu0812 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 12:35 PM
    It seems like the fix for the "green clean" light is the alternating heat/dry buttons, but what about when you push start and the normal wash "red" light flashes and then you push the smart wash and that red light flashes? Hitting cancel only stops the flashing, but it still doesn't work. There doesn't seem to be fix for that problem.
    JessieO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 12:20 AM
    (Kenmore Elite - Ultra Quite HE) - Well, after reading and re-reading so many of the "answers" - I pushed the normal wash / heated dry buttons and I did get the green light to stop flashing - and for all the lights to light up - BUT my machine still would not work! - Finally, while all the lights were still lit on the dishwasher - I went to turn off / and then back on the circuit breaker. And then (with a prayer) I pushed the start button - and it's running!! :-)
    Chuckw9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Kenmore Elite®/MD Tall Tub Built-in Dishwasher – White
    Model 76962

Problem Statement: KEYPAD button lights flashing and dishwasher unit is not functional.

Symptoms observed:
    The lights that continuously flash are:
    SMART WASH
    NORMAL WASH
    CANCEL DRAIN
    The unit is not functional with these lights flashing.

Actions taken:
    Powering off the unit via main breaker for 30 seconds, resets the KEYPAD, however after a few minutes the SMART WASH light starts to flash.
    If you hit CANCEL DRAIN, than the NORMAL WASH and the CANCEL DRAIN lights begin to flash along with the SMART WASH light.

I don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks.
    LeonH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Thanks for the advice the heated wash and heated dry buttons worked for me too!
    bug_84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 04:17 PM
    You need a new electronic pad thing. (the part where you push the buttons) Google parts for this dishwasher. Don't call Sears... they will charge you an arm & a leg to install it. I'm a female with NO appliance knowledge and it took me about 5 minutes to install it. This is the ONLY thing that will fix it.
    Blaine_V Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 09:52 PM
    Try this fix. I have a Kenmore 665 (15769000). My problem was the "Washing" light would blink 1 per second. It would not drain and I could not cancel. I ended up taking off the inner panel of the door (where you add detergent) trying to get at the chip so I could get the part number thinking it would have to be replaced. I pulled off the wires from the chip and plugged them back in just in case it was a bad connection then put the panel back on, closed the door, pressed cancel and heard the sweet sound of draining. I'm not sure if it was a bad connection or if this is a way of resetting.

Hope this works for whoever reads this, Good luck.
    the_kid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Someone please help, my dishwasher keeps blinking this one red light on top of "lock on" please help
    hellokittylynn3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Comment on zrocket's post
    Thank you so much for posting this and for saving our family close to a $200 service call from Sears! Again Thank You!!
    needfullee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 09:12 AM
    Everyone says push the "heat dry" button. I have kenmore elite model 665.1746. There is no heat dry button to push. Can someone tell me what order of buttons to push to reset my model.
    mpksguthrie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 08:07 PM
    Thank you for this great suggestion. We have a two week old Kenmore, which has been fine, and just had ten people over for dinner and a flashing light. After trying this, it works! Thanks!
    mhmower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 07:10 AM
    Thank you for the tip!! You totally saved us a service call.

The pushing the Heated Dry and High Temp buttons reset the unit and it is now working.

Thank you for sharing this tip!
    kcdishwash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 09:18 PM
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher and the lock light is blinking. I did exactly what the little cheat sheet stated on the top inside of the door. That did not work so unplugged for 30 minutes. I thought maybe it would reset but it didn't. I can not get any other lights to come on but the cancel light if I press with the lockout button, they will blink together until I open and close the door then just lockout light... any suggestions?
    attygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 07:57 AM
    The suggesstion about pushing the heated dry button and wash button worked for me too. I did not have a heated wash button so I went back and forth between pushing the heated dry and normal wash buttons. All the lights lit up and then I just hit cancel and normal wash. So far it is working. Thank you for the advice. Sears does not trouble-shoot over the phone (which is annoying.) They were going to have to send a technician to my house. I called and everything. Thank goodness I did some online looking. This absolutely saved me money!! Thank you SO MUCH!!
    EricaK2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 04:46 PM
    Hallelujah, love this tip! Worked for us today, saved a lot of grief and handwashing for our six-person household. THANK YOU!!
    abby1717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Kenmore Ultra Wash model 665.1371-1381

Clean light constantly flashing, pressed heated dry/high temp multiple times and all the lights flashed and started to work. A couple weeks later the green clean light started again, I tried the same sequence of heated dry/high temp and it didn't work this time. Any thoughts? Thanks in Advance.
    amjans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 09:15 PM
    I have the Kenmore Ultrawash Quietguard 4 (2006). For the past few months I'd been having the same issue as many folks where the Clean light wouldn't go off. This would happen at the 20 minute mark pretty consistently. I took out the wash arm, screen etc (easy) and cleaned out the chopper and even used my wet dry vac to suck out any junk down the opening where the water drains. The code (heated dry/normal wash/heated dry/normal wash) worked for a while but over time I eventually couldn't get through a cycle so I had to bite the bullet and call a local repairman. I was told that the heating element and circuit board for my particular model are sold separately (whereas in most models it's sold together). He replaced the heating element first ($200) but the clean light came on again after 20 minutes. He came back to replace the circuit board ($125) and that did the trick. He said that usually when the heathing element goes, it just goes completely so in hindsight, I probably should have tried the circuit board first. Hope this helps.
    assilemward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 09:02 AM
    Thank you everyone for this! After handwashing for 2 months since mine broke, I finally had enough and did a search... bringing me here and you guys have saved my dishwasher! I thought it was doomed, but it is up and running and my hands are so thankful! :)
    Thanks everyone
    ddasad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Comment on Hotrod's post
    Thank you so much it worked for me right away you saved me a service call!
    colokrd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 01:26 PM
    zrocket,
    Clean light was blinking; user guide stated " malfunction, call for service repair"; called service repairman, at least a week; did internet search; found same question on ASK ME and your response on repeated pushing of heat wash/dry buttons... washer was working within minutes.
    Thanks so much for your problem response... I owe you a beer.
    colokrd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 01:31 PM
    zrocket,
    Your posting resolved my problem Was able to cancel service tech and save the cost of visit. Now I owe you a beer!
    Thanks for your posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 5 years old. About 3 weeks ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock which it did, but still will not start. Now, the delay 2 hour light is constantly blinking and my dishwasher still...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher doesn't drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we inherited a Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher with a house 2 years ago. It has worked reliably until last week. Now there is about 2" of standing water in the base. I ran it through the cycle once to see if it clear it out but it didn't. Any suggestions? We normally are very good at rinsing off...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a user manual or simply some explanation as to the various controls on the Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher. It is an older model #110753613 Serial number FFA0404041 I have done a lot of searching on the net and the only thing I can find is that Kenmore will give you the user...

View more questions Search