Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaysbabygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 09:56 AM
    What happens if I'm on probation and leave the state without permission?
    Someone said after 7 years of violating probation, there is nothing that can be done to you if they don't catch you. Is that true?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2011, 10:12 AM

What's true is if you want to play games with how close to a line you can get without crossing it with a PO... you are most likely to lose.

Someone sees you, get a ticket... etc... and you can kiss it goodbye. Just follow the rules and give proper notifications get permissions and then it's a non-issue.

Probation is about learing to follow the rules... save yourself some grief and do it. Then it will be over quicker.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2011, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysbabygirl View Post
    Is that true?
    Hello j:

No. A warrant will be issued for your arrest and the warrant will last FOREVER.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 10:19 AM

The termination of your probation can be denied if something comes up right before the probation time is up. I wouldn't push it if I were you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 02:37 PM

If you are on probation, and violate that probation, you can be violated till the day you get off.

If a warrant is issued, there is no time limit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother leave te state with a child without the fathers permission [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 4 year old daughter and the mother ( a friend of mine ) told me that she was leaving the state with his daughter for a 2 week vacation but never told the father, does she have the right to do that with out his consent? Also, they are planning on going out of the country in the...

Leaving the State on Probation without permission [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to get Permission but they would not approve me to leave the state. I want to know if they is anyway they could prove that I left the state. Credit Cards or through the airport? I bought plane tickets a while back and now Im stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Misdemeanor dui-leave state without permission [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who had a dui, got probation and then moved out of state without permission. They then got a driving under suspension in the new state, and have a warrant in former state for probation violation. What should they expect when they go to court.

View more questions Search