Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CharlieChaplin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Cheated on my girlfriend and I want to tell her. How do I do it?
    Basically I got really drunk last night and ended up going home to an older woman's house and started having sex about a minute or two in I realised just how badly this is going to hurt us it would be a massive dent in our relationship which is making me feel physically sick with guilt and I really do care so much for the girl I've known her for years and we've been dating for almost 6 months I love her so much I want to tell her just how truly sorry I am and I really wasn't thinking clearly at the time it should have never happened.
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Nov 20, 2010, 01:34 PM
    Option 1: You tell her. She never trusts you again and will always be suspicious. That's if she doesn't break up with you on the spot.

Option 2: You don't tell her but live with your guilt.

It's entirely your decision. There is no good way to say "I cheated."
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2010, 02:12 PM

I think you man up and tell her, no matter what. I have been in a similar situation (actually not me, but my best friend has), and I don't think it should be your right to never tell her. She deserves to know and make a decision from there. Everyone says that "living with the guilt" is hard, but that, to me, is a cop out for never telling someone. My friend doesn't seem to have any guilt, and he has done this multiple times.

Obviously it should have never happened, but it did. I think, as a man, you need to be honest with what you've done. At least that way you know that you came clean. If you cared about her as much as you say you do, it wouldn't have happened, regardless of the alcohol intake. I have done a lot of stupid things when I was drunk, but cheating has never been one of them.

Your girlfriend deserves to know what has happened and deserves the right to make a decision on her future from there.
    Grace12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2010, 12:53 AM
    kctiger is very right. Your girlfriend does deserve to know the truth. If you love her as much as you say you do you would give her that respect. It must be very difficult for you because people do make silly mistakes but it should be up to her to decide whether you deserve a second chance or not.
    scooby514 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 06:10 PM
    I am in that same situation... im so sick to my stomach right now... and I really do not know how to deal with it. I have a lot of demons coming out recently and alcohol always makes it worse. I really just want to talk to a counsler and stop drinking. The majority of my life problems have been caused by drinking. I love this girl with all my heart and I just want forgiveness. I talked to God for the first time in years and it feels great. He always has the right answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my girlfriend I cheated and keep her [ 11 Answers ]

OK, so here's some background: I used to live in the south, but due to my military career I was forced to move. When I got here I met a really sweet, super beautiful girl, and we started dating. We had only been dating for about two weeks when I took a vacation trip back home, while down there I...

Girlfriend Cheated. Don't know what to do! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there everybody. After reading absolutely LOADS of stuff about breaks-up's, breaks and relationship troubles in general I have finally decided that I need some advice for my personal situation. First let me get some vital stats out of the way: Relationship is 3.5 years long

I cheated on my Girlfriend, What to do about it? [ 60 Answers ]

Ok lets go through the run down of what happened. I was at my friends house for a small party and during the night I became rather drunk and player some strip poker (which I won but that's not important really) after which a girl at the party and myself started flirting and stuff. Now the bad part...

My girlfriend just cheated on me [ 30 Answers ]

My girlfriend just cheated on me what should I do should I tell her to break up with him and go back out with me?

Has Girlfriend cheated on me? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, where do I start? I 've been with this girl for 1 year now. She is at University in Glasgow (scotland) and is 25, while I'm a Van driver working in London (England) and I'm 26. Before going out (dating) with me she was going out a guy who was an aquantance(think its spelt right) of me and my...

View more questions Search