Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendydawn1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 12:51 PM
    What are the laws regarding per diem when working out of town?
    What are the laws regarding per diem when working out of town?
    wendydawn1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 12:53 PM
    Is your employer required to pay perdigm when sending you out of town to work?
    Is it mandatory for an employer to pay perdigm when sending you out of town to work?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 01:03 PM

No perdiem (not perdigm) is not mandatory; it is if signed into your contract with your employee. This usually means a food allowance while away working.

Tick
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wendydawn1 View Post
    what are the laws regarding perdigm when working out of town?
    Congratulations. First thread in the new Labor Law subforum, evidently.

You are asking about "per diem"? It comes from the Latin, meaning, literally, "by day". The term usually has to do with payments to an employee to compensate him/her for extra expenses (meals and room) of living on-the-road. What exactly do you want to know about it.

I doubt that there are any such laws, but if you want us to look it up, you had better tell us the state or other jurisdiction you are in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 01:24 PM

And I get to merge the first two questions in the new forum.

Please just "answer" your own question to add more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I stay out of town for work during the week am I entitled to per diem compensation [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working out of town for almost 2 years and have not received any perdiem for this. Am I entitled to compensation for this even though the housing is paid for and I have use of a company vehicle which gas is included??

Can a company change the rules of per diem while on a job out of town? [ 3 Answers ]

My company has not taxed my per diem for the last 10 months. I was just told that after one year on this jobsite, which is out of town, I will be taxed on my per diem. Can that happen?

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, let me rephrase that, I am working in Georgia, on a construction job working for a contractor in Idaho, I would like to know what the taxes would be on $3000 claiming 4 dependants. I need to know if you can break it down for me , FICA, SS,FED. Thank you

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

This is my situation, I am working out of state and I am receiving $50 a day per diem for food, etc... is this taxable? I alos would like to know how much tax would be taken out of $3000?

Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working [ 2 Answers ]

Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was...

View more questions Search