Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cblye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Dryer dial won't spin and dryer won't shut off
    Kenmore 90 series dyer... where ever you set the timer dial, it stays put and never shuts off automatically. You have to turn if off manually. The dryer ran all night last night and continues to have the problem today.
    My question... can we fix the dial ourselves or do we need a repair guy? And how do we fix it ?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    sdhawkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cblye
    Kenmore 90 series dyer....where ever you set the timer dial, it stays put and never shuts off automatically. You have to turn if off manually. The dryer ran all night last night and continues to have the problem today.
    My question....can we fix the dial ourselves or do we need a repair guy? And how do we fix it ?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Have you gotten this fixed yet? My dryer started the same problem yesterday.
    cblye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 02:07 PM
    My husband fixed it by buying a timer online from Point and Click Appliance Repair (Oklahoma). The part number for our dryer is WPL 3976576. Check your manual to be sure and get the correct part for your dryer.

He took the dryer apart from the top and changed out the timer assembly. He says it was fairly easy, just make sure the wires are hooked up the same. The hardest part was figuring out how the top came apart.

Any questions, just ask. But it is fixed and working well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is my dryer? [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find a date code for my Whirlpool clothes dryer model # LHE5800W0. :confused: I think it is really old, but I am not sure. Can anyone help?

Electric Dryer verus Gas Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Electric Dryer. It seems to take much longer to dry than my old Kenmore Gas Dryer. Is that natural for electric to take longer, thanks

Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

The heath doesn't come on on my kenmore dryer

GE dryer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get to the drum bearing? We were told it is the cause of our squeak --we opened the top but can't figure out how to get passed the drum

Senseon dryer door won't stay shut [ 1 Answers ]

My Senseon dryer door will not stay shut! I have had numerous clean cloths "go bad" because the dryer door won't stay shut. Earlier in the year Whirlpool sent some part out that was supposed to help but it hasn't. I ready to by some good ol fashion strong tape to hold it shut. HELP!

View more questions Search