Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crisp1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Reset button on compressor
    Is there a reset button on the compressor for a Goodman 13 SEER 3 Ton A/C unit? My fan runs but the compressor doesn't come on. I've been running the heat for the past week but was using the a/c until then. Thanks, John
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 08:17 PM
    No,, no reset button on a Goodman a/c ,none that I`ve ever seen. I`m assuming you have a heat pump you`re trying to get heat out of. Is it running at all ? Neither the fan or the compressor? Have you checked the breaker going to the ac/heatpump?
    You might also check for a breaker in outside disconnect,somewhere close to the outside unit
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 27, 2009, 08:27 PM

If you have a high head pressure limit control then you will have a reset button.
    doulosconstruct Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 01:58 PM
    Goodman units are no good, we've had one for 3 days, and now it does not work . Waste of money!!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Comment on doulosconstruct's post
    Goodman is as good as anything, sounds like you have a bad installer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reset button [ 1 Answers ]

I was replacing the front cover and touched a wire and got a spark then the air or heater fan would not work the unit is a carrier without a pilot light it has the glow light I am trying to find the reset button please help

Can't find reset button [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please can anybody help me? It's n100 degrees and I have 2 little girls, and my a/c stopped working all together, so did the heat and the built in fan. It's a fairly new unit, less than 5 years old, thermostat is only 1 year old. I was told to hit the reset button on the furnace, but I...

Reset Button on Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased my dryer a little over a year ago. I problems with my electric one morning and come to find out there of a limb on a tree in the neighbor's back yard rubbing against the electirc cable running to my house. Everything else in my house is in good working order, but my dryer has not...

Reset button keeps needing to be reset [ 2 Answers ]

The reset button on our oil furnace needs to be reset every 10 to 14 days. What can be the problem? We are leaving for the holidays and I'm concerned that we could come home to frozen pipes.

View more questions Search