Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NenoX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2011, 02:31 AM
    Men, Do you fall in love more than once?
    All questions merged together.

If you get dumped by the woman you loved deeply for almost two years and asked her hand in marriage. She was almost perfect in your eyes, everything you ever wanted ( looks wise as well as personality) and she was deeply in love with you at the beginning but the mess started to happen one year into the relationship.

Do you think you'll fall in love again, and will you love and admire the new person as much as you loved the first one and even more OR will you always carry the most special feelings for the first one even though it didn't work out between you two ?

PS: the woman who dumped you ran off and married another guy within months of your separation.

I would love to know your opinion

Thanks
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2011, 02:36 AM

Hurt is hurt no matter what the gender, and yes you can move on and heal and love again.

But, it takes time to heal, time to find a new normal and be happy on your own, when you achieve that your ready to try and again.

The cliché that time heals all wounds is true, it gives you 20/20 vision on the relationship, the healing is slow but the more you do to help yourself the shorter the process.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2011, 08:24 AM

Of course you will! Even more so, if you let go of the past, and look to the future.

You may fall in deep love SEVERAL times in your life, before you find the one who you can build a life with, MAN, or WOMAN!

Break ups suck every time though, that's just the nature of the beast, but you can heal, recover, and move on happily EVERY TIME, if you want to.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Falling in love, and being in love, is not gender specific. Both men and women, and anybody I personally know, has been in love more than once in their lifetime.

Jun 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Guys, do you tend to compare your current relationships to your past ones?
    Do you compare the physical and emotional aspects of an ex that you loved so deeply to the girl you're currently with, a girl you love very much? If yes, How do you compare and why?!
    Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
    I never did, why would I? What purpose would it serve? Heck if an ex is still so en grained in your brain, then you aren't ready for any relationship, and comparing one to another is a red flag that you haven't healed, and gotten healthy enough for a healthy adult relationship. That's not love, its more like a quick fix to feel good.

No different than junkies or drunks.
    xxEricsonxx1243 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
    Yes I do I normally compare with what I did with my ex and what I am doing with my current GF me and my ex done more things so I sort of miss her and why I think how would things be different no because of that it gave me to this problem

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ne-584955.html
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jul 1, 2011, 07:48 AM
    Nope. When Im in love with my girl I won't be thinking about my X. But if my love is fading, and at the same time I getting in touch with my X, then my mind would start comparing.

Jul 3, 2011, 06:10 AM
    Do feelings come rushing back?
    I'm wondering if feelings come back after meeting an ex who you were with for almost two years but eventually didn't work out few moths before the wedding!!

If you see the ex after three years of the breakup, will feelings come back, will you feel the same amount of love you once felt towards that person, knowing that you have moved on and happily in a new relationship with someone else.
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 07:46 AM

Of course old memories and feelings will return when you see an ex. Even after a 100 years. You will just handle them differently than you did before, HOPEFULLY. If indeed you are healthier, and happier, and have grown in knowledge and experience in you you cope with YOUR feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you fall OUT of love? [ 6 Answers ]

What can you do to fall OUT of love with someone? I am so in love with someone who just "doesn't want a serious relationship right now." he says he likes me and thinks we could be in a relationship in the future, but he and his ex girlfriend broke up about a month ago (she had been in Europe all...

When will I fall in love? [ 4 Answers ]

So here's my story : Am 18 years old and Ive never been in love or in a relationship.. Everyone around me had at least experienced it once and I kind of feel sad that I haven't met any special guy with mutual likeness.. I have no idea why its taking too long and am afraid when am finally in one ,...

How do I fall in love again? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now. I have recently become less and less arrtacted to him. He has always been a bit on the chubby side, which didn't used to bother me. Be has probably put on a good 50 pounds since we first got together. I know he struggles with his...

How to fall in love again [ 6 Answers ]

How can I fall in love with my husband again? He is a good man, but I get nothing from him. He doesn't make me feel special in any way. Even though over and over he knows what I like because I show him. Now I feel its to late. I have lost it and have no desire to waste time on someone who can't...

View more questions Search