Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoJo654 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 01:22 PM
    My Cartilage Piercing is throbbing so much and its hot. HELP
    I got my cartilage piercing 6 days ago and the pain just gets worse and worse!
    I don't get blood or pus, just a tiny bit of swelling and the pain is excruciating! It throbs and throbs all day and night, I can't sleep and its now 4:10 cause I can't sleep anymore :(
    The earring is to tight so it is not allowing swelling and the blood to go through, but it's a lock one and it will not more for me to release some pressure, also its too painful to try.
    Help! What do I do? I am in so much pain :(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2011, 01:35 PM

I would go to the local Emergency Room. My stepdaughter had a similar problem, it was infected, the back of the earring pulled into the cartilage and she needed minor surgery to release it.

Who did the piercing?
    JoJo654 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 12:54 AM
    Proffessional,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 12:57 AM

Sounds like you need immediate attention. I agree that this sounds like an infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between...

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I have 2 ear piercings on my lobe.. And I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow at piercing pagoda with a gun.. And I'm scared to deathhh! Do you think it will hurt? Or does it hurt?

Cartilage piercing? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to get my cartilage pierced for a long time.. my BFs sister got hers done at clairs with the gun and two weeks later it is just fine. I am wanting to know if I should use a small "diamond" or the silver stud? Also I work at a place where I can't let metal show.. would it be bad...

Cartilage Piercing [ 16 Answers ]

Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D

Cartilage Piercing. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm new to this site. I just want to know if it hurts. Or if it swells when you sleepon it, Beacause I'm a heavy sleeper, I won't wake up if I sleep on it... I need a quick answer. I'm getting it done in like two hours.

View more questions Search