Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nohmar33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 03:07 PM
    What are some decent specs for a computer these days and how much should I spend?
    I'm in the process of building a new desktop for home use. I'm not a huge gamer, nor do I use any graphically intensive software. What are some specs for a decent computer these days and how much should I be looking to spend?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 03:26 PM

The average seems to be around $600 for a decent computer or laptop. If your building it yourself then you can seek out the best buys through the net piece by piece. It may take awhile. But check everything twice and then go for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After a few days of decent rain a sour, cheesy smell permeates one half of the house. [ 0 Answers ]

My house is built on a concrete slab in low lying marsh land. After a few days of decent rain a sour, cheesy smell permeates one half of the house. The drains, wall cavities and ceiling space have been checked and all is well there. I have been told that pockets can form under the concrete slab but...

Utility to check the specs. Of a computer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can someone recommend a good utility which will provide at least the following details (and ideally more) about the computer on which the utility is run: Processor Model Processor Speed FSB Cache Details (L1, L2, and L3) RAM details

Specs for computer I'm buying soon, will this be good for gaming? [ 7 Answers ]

Power Supply 420W Processor ( Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8300 (4x 2.5GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1333FSB) ) Motherboard ( Asus P5N-D Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, Dual PCI-E MB EPU Technology ) Memory ( 4 GB DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module...

How to clear computer of last to days. [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed some stuff on my computer and now it blue screens whenever I play games. How do I wipe computer of last 2 days!! :eek:

Getting a decent Job [ 11 Answers ]

My husband was wrongly a accused of a sexual crime and served 3 yrs in prison for it.He was set up by his ex-wife. His cousin was the one who committed the crime and they had his and my husband records combined in one. Because they both had the same name but different middle names that start with...

View more questions Search