Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennah28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Can a drug felon go to germany?
    I have a man. Meth as a party to a crime felony. My probation is completed, and I have never had any other criminal charges. My boyfriend is stationed in Germany and wants me to go. How do I go about this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2011, 11:06 AM

You get a US passport which allows you to leave the Country (basically). Then you check to see if you can enter Germany with a felony record involving drugs.

"Cleared for Travel
    Once you have successfully completed probation or parole, the U.S. government will not restrict you from traveling internationally. However, when you fly abroad, you have to obey the rules of the nation to which you are traveling. Some countries specifically prohibit felons from entering, and officers will meet you at your gate when you arrive. Airlines recommend contacting the U.S. consulate in the country to which you are traveling. Germany does not specifically prohibit felons from entering but does reserve the right to refuse entry to felons.

Germany is a member of the Schengen Agreement, which was signed in 1985. The Schengen area encompasses 25 European countries, and all of them operate under one external border per the agreement. As a U.S. citizen, you can enter Germany for up to 90 days, for personal reasons or business, without a visa and travel between any of the 25 countries that signed the agreement without having to go through border control again."
    Jennah28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    How would I contact Germany? I have a Felony U...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2011, 09:09 AM

Sorry for my half answer. I should have posted this info: Germany Visa Requirements Page
    armywife81602 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
    Jennah28 I am in the same situation right now and was wondering how things turned out for you. My husband is stationed in Germany and the Military Ball is coming up and he asked me to go with him!! If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a you.s felon live in germany [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an american, but have been convicted of 1st and 3rd class felonies (non violent) for selling excasy and pot. Done my time and am in germany trying to get a visa so I can stay here with my girlfreind. What you guys think?

Can a covicted felon travel to germany with friends who have relatives there [ 1 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon in the state of Indiana, currently on probation. Will have been out of prison 3 years this October. Want to go to Germany in December 2010 with boyfriend, who has relatives there. Do I need a waiver from the sentencing court? Do I have to be off paper?

Can a non violent convicted felon get a passport to visit my wife in Germany? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to visit my wife or move to Germany but I am a non violent convicted felon can I get a passport

Can a felon be a drug counselor [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon convicted of drug-related charges and unlawful imprisonment... can I get a degree in psychology and be a drug counselor? Or a mental health counselor? I'm going to college now, and I don't want to go to college for the wrong degree... can you tell me? The advisor at my college told me...

Traveling to Germany and a past felon [ 4 Answers ]

I have a record but am no longer on probation or parole can I travel to Germany?

View more questions Search