Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honestabby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Thermostat wiring connector - where do the wires go?
    I'm trying to install a new Honeywell thermostat for my heating/cooling system. The old one had screws that held the wires in place. The new one has a connector with a set of holes facing up (one pair jumpered) and a set of holes facing out, and tiny screws in between. I think you stick the wire into a hole and the corresponding screw is supposed to hold it in place? I tried both the upward-facing holes and the outward-facing holes, but the screws don't hold the wires in place. What am I doing wrong? The wiring diagram makes it look like the wires go into the upward-facing holes, but I know sometimes wiring diagrams are about the electricity and not about the physical connector. Thanks!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Go to... How to connect the wires to a new digital thermostat.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post268211
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2007, 05:53 AM
    If you followed the post I had a picture showing a digital stat with wire hooked up to it.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post269248
    I can't do much more than that.
    roderickturner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
    I need to see the wiring diagram for the connector for a outside unit of a air-conditioning
    roderickturner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
    I need to see the wiring diagram for the connector for a outside unit of a air-conditioning
    cyclingjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 05:29 AM
    How to wiring a cylinder thermostat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wires don't match-help please [ 2 Answers ]

Sir or ma'am- I am attempting to replace my 1960's era Honeywell thermostat with a modern 5-1-1 and I managed to thoroughly confuse myself. My 1930's era house only has gas heated radiator system connected to this thermostat. We added central air 6 months ago but it is on a separate system. ...

Noma - Programmable Thermostat - 4 wires [ 10 Answers ]

Okay.. so here is the deal , went out bought a digital themostat today , the guy at the store told me it would be easy... but I don't think I set it up right because I am FREEZING! I have 4 wires... 1-Red 1-Blue 1-Yellow 1-Green Now.. I attached all the wires correctly... however I am...

Matching wires on new honeywell thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat was janitrol HPT 18-60 and wires were: Y (yellow) G (orange) R (Red) O (orange) W2 (white) E (Black) C (Blue) I just bought a Honeywell #RTH6300B. Their wires are: G,W,Y, R,RC. How can I match them up? Do I need the "O" on the old one? We are only getting hot air now by...

Thermostat wires [ 4 Answers ]

Our new puppy pulled the thermostat wires loose from the outside air conditioning unit. No damage to any wires, but I need to know which wire goes to which. From the inside, the wires are blue and yellow. The outside unit has brown and blue. Which to which?

View more questions Search