Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LosinIt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 07:00 AM
    How can I trust my husband after he's cheated multiple times?
    Its been 2 years since the last confirmed time but for almost all of the first 2 years of our relationship he cheated on me and lied to my face about even when I had proof. He's really persuasive and ended up making me feel bad about invading his privacy even though I pretty much knew what he was doing. He's sorry now for making me feel bad and all. Its just that it was several times and EVERY time but one(he told me about it after he realized how much he loved me and didn't want to lose me so he told me everything, mostly) I knew about before he told me and every time he would say he was sorry and that he would never do it again.

He only cheated once after we got married but every time I get that same feeling I completely revert back to when he was doing it ALL the time. He lets me go through his texts and he'd give me his email passwords if I asked (which I don't anymore so a little progress) but sometimes I feel like its all just a charade and that he's just got that good at lying to me and covering things up. Which, by the way is next to impossible.

He lets me in to every part of his life, he pretty much has no privacy. Sometimes though things just don't add up and it's that same shady feeling. I have no way to confirm whether my doubts are true in these situations. I just think that if its been two years since the last confirmed time AND he's doing everything he can why can't I seem to trust him again? I know he's getting tired of having to prove himself but I don't know how to trust him again. Please someone give me some advice, I love this man and I don't want to live without him but I know I can't keep living like this and I know he's getting tired and I'm afraid I'm starting to make him resent me.
    zambers Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Personally, it was his fault, not yours.
    So, you shouldn't have to apologize for anything.
    He cheated multiple times, and thought that he could get away with it.
    He's taking advantage of the fact that he knows you'll forgive him after each affair.

If this ever happens again, tell him it's the final straw.
    No woman should have to have put up with a man like that.
    If he was having feelings of cheating, he should have confronted you about it
    Instead of making the decision to go and cheat.

Seeing how he hasn't done anything since the last encounter shows that he is trying to make things better, but there are issues within yourself that you have to work on in order to fully trust your husband again.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope everything goes well.
    But remember, work on yourself and your personal issues as well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 01:37 PM

It takes a long time to get trust back once its been broken so many times and you may need the right help to guide you, but don't expect it to happen soon, as it could be years of him being on good behavior.

In any case, he shouldn't be resentful, nor should you feel guilty about what he has done to break the trust, or the way you react, and deal with it.

You need a lot of time, and he needs to understand it. He should be grateful you are still there, if he is NOT..!
    TristeMimi Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2011, 05:21 PM
    I know the feeling, I feel bad for you because I know every emotion you are having right now. It's the hardest thing. I hope you find the peace that you deserve. Just know there are women out there feel the same feelings you do, you are not alone.
    vanillamusk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
    I can totally relate to what your feeling right now, same thing is happening to me and my hubby. Even if how many times they apologize and try to gain our trust still there is a big question mark if this is real or not.

Though one thing I realize, I stop thinking of any negative thoughts and focus more on myself. I went to salon, have a massage, go out with friends, in short beautify thyself... it's a great feeling afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I cheated on my boyfriend and now he doesn't trust me [ 20 Answers ]

I cheated on my boyfriend and he found out from someone else, a guy he didn't like. He asked me about it and eventually I told him that it had happened. We argue a lot since then and it happened in February. He said he has forgiven me but he just doesn't trust me and he doubt the things I do. How...

He cheated once, can I trust him again? [ 23 Answers ]

Been going out with this guy for almost 2 years. Had to find out from my friend that he got drunk with mates and ended up in bed with someone who practically threw herself at him. Lack of self control on his part! It hurts to have one's trust betrayed specially by someone you feel a lot for. This...

Wife Cheated on 3x times in our 7 year Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan in Nov 09. She tells me she has learned her lesson and doesn't want to hurt me again. But it is still in the back of my mind. I caught her in the 3rd affair, then she confessed about the other 2 about a year later. I wasn't perfect in our first few years...

My wife has cheated on me three times in the last 5 years.what now [ 30 Answers ]

First I'll start by saying that I love my wife. We met in the college theatre department and hit it off right away. We then got married our senior year. One time our senior year of college I didn't go to a party because I was tired and she did. She ended up getting really drunk and in her stupper...

View more questions Search