Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momof4kids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 01:47 PM
    Can dating a felon make you lose custody?
    I'm getting divorced and I've met a man who I fell in love with. Found out that he served 10 years convicted of 2nd degree murder. It was an accidental shooting and he's a changed man. Would dating him affect my custody case?
    ljubljanan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 02:20 PM
    ****. Probably.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 04:34 PM

Yes it can make a difference. It can be argued that he committed a violent crime and it puts the children in danger.

Murder: Second degree - Criminal Law
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momof4kids View Post
    can dating a felon make you lose custody?
    Hello m:

It can, but not necessarily so. Dating a man while you were married will have MORE to do with it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a parent lose custody of their child for moving in with a convicted felon? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex the mother of my 9 mth old son is planning on moving out with a convicted felon. I'm not exactly sure what his charges are but I know one was possession, one was grand theft, and the other was running from the cops. And he was released 4 months ago. I know have every weekend with my son and...

Can my girlfriend lose custody of her child by dating myself a (convicted felon)? [ 9 Answers ]

I have one felony. Robbery I did 4yrs for my charge is there any way that I could pose a problem to her gaining primary custody of her 1yr old son?

Can my girlfriend lose custody of her child for living with a convicted felon? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my girlfriend lose custody of her child for living with a convicted felon? Let me start by describing my background. I have convicted of failure to re-deliver leased/hire property. What happened was I was engaged two years ago and was renting furniture and other items from a rent to own store,...

Do you lose assistance from the state if you have a felon move in with you? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have a friend who is getting help from the state to pay for rent, food, medical, daycare, and whatever else. Well they have a friend who is on parole with a felony charge and is needing a place to live. We were wondering if the friend with the felony moves in with them if they will lose all...

Can I lose custody of my child for dating a felon? [ 4 Answers ]

If I were to date a man convicted of a felony, can the father of my child ( we have joint custody) try to take my parental rights away? This man that I am considering dating was charged with indecent liberties with a minor. He was not aware of the girls age at the time of the incident. Could this...

View more questions Search