Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a1234567890 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 07:28 AM
    How does weed affect bone growth?
    On the 18th of April I have broken my right collar bone and I have got until mid July to wait for it to completely heal. I am wearing a sling and it doesn't really hurt that much anymore at all. Last time I have seen my doctor a few days ago he told me to quit smoking marijuana for it does not help for my bone to heal. I am a musician and I want to make a professional career out of it I play different instruments so I need my arms badly on the other hand I don't want to quit so is it true that the active ingredient, THC in weed affects not just your brain but also your bones growth? Thanks :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 3, 2011, 07:35 AM

Yes, over time, it does stunt growth, promotes bone loss and effects the brain. So if you want your life to be musical, professional, then do yourself a favour and quit smoking weed.

You have a goal in life, that is good, so do all you can to reach that goal with a healthy lifestyle.

Tick
    a1234567890 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 07:47 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Yea... thanks about that so if you do decide not to quit smoking how badly can it affect you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2011, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by a1234567890 View Post
    yea...thanks about that so if you do decide not to quit smoking how badly can it affect you?
    Hello a:

Here's the problem. We don't know. I was going to tell you to listen to your doctor, cause he surly knows more than I do... However, in THIS instance, he may not...

Marijahoochie, being a schedule one drug, is ONLY available for study if obtained from the DEA marijuana farm in Mississippi. In the first place, the feds grow sh*t pot, so it bears NO resemblance at all, to the dope you normally smoke. So, ANY study based on this shwag is flawed from the get go.

Besides, doctors have their political bias's too, and I don't know if your doctor was spouting his political views, or his medical ones. Surly, if you're concerned, and I would be, I'd ask him to supply you with the particular study he's familiar with.

Be aware that I too, have my particular bias's, so that when I tell you that I believe marijuana to be a miracle drug that does NOTHING harmful and EVERYTHING wonderful, plus PREVENTS cancer, take that with a grain of salt.

excon
    Expert

Jun 3, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    I am glad you added 'take that with a grain of salt'.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2011, 06:47 AM

First I'd like to contest that marijuana has any affect on the brain... I'm sorry... I forgot the question
    Expert

Jun 4, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    First I'd like to contest that marijuana has any affect on the brain................I'm sorry....I forgot the question
    I know for sure that mary has an effect on the brain DrBill. My husband has been smoking for years, and although a very intelligent person, his brain capacity is severely disabled at times. I am not being fecitious or funny, I am stating a fact from living with him for 40 years. It causes depressiion, high blood pressure and many other ailments I am certain. And don't forget, because of my job I have to observe and record anything that goes on with clients only this is personal, not recording only observing and noting because that is what I do from a professional standpoint.

And yes, I understand your comment, tongue in cheek, but why would you kid about it?

Tick
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2011, 03:34 PM

Tickle,

Given your described personal circumstances I understand your feelings and apologize for any discomfort my comment may have caused you personally.
    Expert

Jun 4, 2011, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Tickle,

Given your described personal circumstances I understand your feelings and apologize for any discomfort my comment may have caused you personally.
    No, it didn't cause me any discomfort personally, Dr.Bill, it is purely clinical now; an observer over the years, so to speak. I am just thinking about other new posters reading our comments and how misleading it must be.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump behind ear more like a bone growth than flesh [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had it examined and I have never taken it to anyone.its about the size of a nickel in circular size but its not like a lump like how you would call a horn under the skin as its rounded top gets wider and flattens onto the side of my skull.. its been there since I can remember and I...

Hpw does urban growth affect democratic development [ 0 Answers ]

Urban Growth and Democracy

What factors might affect growth of cells in culture? [ 1 Answers ]

When a reagent mixes thoroughly with oil it indicates the reagent tests for nonpolar solubility. I think this statement is true...

View more questions Search