Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadders04 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 06:09 PM
    What are the chances of a ETG test really going back 80 hours?
    How often do ETG test really go back 80 hours? Are they more likely to go back 24-48?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 31, 2011, 06:25 PM

ETG does not reach anywhere but tests for consuption of alcohol. If you drank enough 80 hours go it may still show a positive. Unfortunately an ETG can also show positive if you drank nothing 2 hours ago. It should not be the sole test to see if you have been drinking. ETG is most frequently used by DCFS or other child welfare agencies. If you are worried about the test, want the child then seek help to stop drinking, then you won't have to worry about filing the test.

May 31, 2011, 06:53 PM
    The question was about the ETG test going back 80 hours for alcohol.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 31, 2011, 07:02 PM

OK then skip everything but my first 2 sentences. The test, as unreliable as it is, is so sensetive it can detect alcohol use several days ago but often also gives frequent false positives. I thought this all got covered a few days ago.

May 31, 2011, 07:28 PM
    No, I'm just wondering about alcohol in ETG test. Like if you have a high metabolism and very low body fat are the chances of getting alcohol out of your system faster or slower?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2011, 07:46 PM

The ETG does not matter about metabolism, and yes it can show 80 hours, But it is known to show false positives, so yes, it is likely to show it up,

May 31, 2011, 07:49 PM
    Well I did something to maybe dilute my system. I will never put myself in this situation again. EVER. But I actually drank about 2 liters of water before my UA to help "flush/dilute" it. Would you think drinking that much water would dilute it? Thank you for your input.

May 31, 2011, 07:52 PM
    Sorry-I drank sat. night(whcih was yes STUPID of me) and I had a UA today. So its been about 50 hours. That's why I was wondering, and yes.. the comment above(I drank about 2 liters of water.. TONS of water) before my UA.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2011, 08:11 PM

No drinking a lot of water, or this or that product they sell on internet or at some of the "smoke" shops. But what the heck it can't hurt to try.

It is hard to stay sober, it is a crutch or a hiding place we often use. ( or other reasons for some) Sorry if it sounded like we were attacking, I read back though the thread.

Not attacking what you did, just being factual, you did not ask about help to stay sober or talk about problems, we do care but in answers try to be direct to the question

May 31, 2011, 08:20 PM
    Thank you. Addiction is a super sad thing. I hae all of these great things happneing in my life now.. I recently got 2 jobs, my brothers wedding is coming up this summer, and what did I do? I drank Saturday night and now everything might get thrown away if my test comes back positive. Antoher thing though.. with this treatment I did have a FALSE POSITIVE UA(that happened last week), and I told her to resend it back to the lab because when I took that UA I absolutley had nothing in my system! So we will see what happens with that. But.. yes, Saturday I did and I had a test today around 3. I'll just hope for the best. Well its good to know this is sort of a support website too(I didn't know that).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass EtG test after 59 hours? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 6ft 3in 230 lbs I been drinking water for the last 3 hours my test is tomorrow by 11am... I drank last on Monday at 3am I have also been taking creatine and a detox pill I plan waking up early and running and sweatting allot will this be enough to pass

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

ETG Test 63 hours [ 35 Answers ]

Dr Bill, I`m a 225 lb man. I drank on a Fri night till midnight, about 8 drinks and had to take an ETG test at 3 pm the following Monday 63 hours later. What are my chances of testing positive. Thanks Mike

Has anyone failed an EtG test after 80 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone ever failed an ETG test after 80 hours? It says it can go back 80 hours 3-5 days, so let me rephrase this, has anyone failed an ETG test with more than 80 hours since there last drink?

View more questions Search