Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeMyself_andI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Fordyce spots on penis (resolutions?)
    White bumps just underneath the skin from the bottom of the penis shaft to about 3/4 of the way up, the more noticeable ones are lower down or on the underside, and could be sebaceous prominence (hair follicles). Nothing feels weird or any symptoms of any kind, just kind of there. The weird thing is that they were always there (less of them maybe) if I remember correctly. I could just barely notice them (very tiny in size) until about half a year ago or less they all of a sudden seemed to spread and some became a bit bigger and noticeable. I've been trying the 5% panoxyl gel (benzoyl peroxide) and occasionally a tea tree oil mask stuff for the last month or two. It seems to have worked a little bit, they are still noticeable unfortunately however, but a little less than they were at their worst. I will continue trying it for a bit as long as it does not get irritated or anything, as it can take a while or even get worse before it gets any better. I will be checking back and updating any change. I'd appreciate any input or resolution/advice from anyone who knows what they are talking about or have had any success or knowledge in treating this.

The only other treatments I have heard of are accutane (which has some questionable possible side effects) and tretonoin which also require a doctor or dermatologist prescription + being costly from what I hear. I haven't been able to find much of anything on anyone successfully treating this. I would very much appreciate some input.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 03:19 AM
    Perhaps these sites may be of help to you:

Spots on the penis

Fordyce's spot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fordyce's Condition - Dermatology Forum
    PerL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 11:28 AM
    I have the same problem as you do and I started using isotretinoin for my acne and I read it should be helpful also for this condition. I started a diary online, so check back time to time to see if it helps. I hope it will get me rid of my fordyce spots soon.
    tomc87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 01:38 AM
    Hi Guys..
    I always had a few penis spots, but had really bad facial acne for years.
    Started using isotretioin back in October 08, finished it in march 09.. was a really successful treatment (touch wood so far), it also helped clear up the spots on my penis completely... HOWEVER they are now back with vengeance! Whole penis is covered with them and my dermatologist is refusing to help.. I'm so sick!! I wouldn't recommend Isotretinoin as a cure for penis spots, as when the effects start to wear off it makes things worse :(
    Malica Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 07:38 AM
    To find Out a details about what are <a href="http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots">Fordyce spots </a>
    you may check the article
    <a href="http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots">Fordyce spots </a> .
    you will find a complete picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Spots on Penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a 34 year old male. I have what seem to be black heads on my penis skin. They don't seem to be blackheads though as you cannot force them out. Anybody have any Idea. There are about 10 pin head size Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Spots on penis [ 14 Answers ]

Help I've got these skin coloured spots on my penis I've ask about this before and I got told its natural! But I would like a second appinunn so what do you think? And also can I get rid of them because I'm scared to have sex with my girlfiend and I really don't no what to do!:( what do you think...

Penis spots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, well my sex live has just become alive again in the last couple of days. And yesturday I realiseds that I have really small red dots on the head of my penis!! Im really worried because I didn't have these before I started do sexual things again. On the good side there seems to be less of them...

Spots on penis [ 4 Answers ]

I have loads of these spots on my penis and all over my sack. I've been on here before and told they were normal but it's the sheer number of them that gets me. They don't cause anything adverse but they are increasing and always have been. I've had them for as long as I can remember and I've...

View more questions Search