Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimee21420 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Inner Thigh Rub Rash
    My husband has large legs, though he's not an obese man. He has a continuing problem of a painful rash developing from the rubbing together of the legs. He's tried rash ointment, boxer/brief type underwear, it just doen't seem to help. Is there another solution to this that we have not thought of.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 8, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Talcum powder, or maybe anti-perspirant?
    Maybe it's the material of the pants he's wearing - the fabric could be chaffing his legs.
    Pablo1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 06:20 PM
    I had this same problem and I'm not obese at all. I found the solution to this problem with the following boxer briefs or compression shorts:

Speedo Axcelerate Compression Cycle Short (451003) –has been discontinued and you only can buy it at Ebay-
    Warrior Vaportek Compression Shorts (Navy or Black, don’t buy the white, fabric is crappy)

Hope your husband solve this problem, the "inner thighs chafing" was a real nightmare to me and lasted 10 years of my life.

Tell me if you have any questions.
    Regards.
    Pablo.
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 10, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I have had this problem before. To heal it quickly limit walking long distances especially if it is hot. Apply a thin layer of neosporean twice daily and if it returns try to determine exactly what you are wearing when the problem occurs. Usually I can tell when it is going to happen.
    thighrelief Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Go to www.thighsliders.com a new inner thigh rubbing friction "Soothing Solution"
    thighrelief Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 11:26 AM

For those suffering inner thigh discomfort .. rubbing friction, rash, chaf, stickiness... Go to www.thighsliders.com and find soothing comfort and relief... with this new product development.
    sreed207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 08:06 PM

Secret shield from skindura. I use it to stop chafing on my thighs when I wear skirts. But my husband uses it when he has south of the border chafing. He said it works great, to relieve painful irritation and speed up healing.
    jk_babyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 06:32 PM

I know just rubbing some deoterant between your legs can help prevent it!
    Wrest216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Um, to cure it temporary, use either gold bond medicated powder (it really works) or also use petroleum jelly. Cow bag balm (seriously what it is called) can heal the most chaffed skin. If it is really bad, expose it to air as much as possible,(wear NOTHING on your legs to bed, not even underwear), wear compression shorts or boxer briefs to keep the thighs separate. The only real fix is to loose that bit of weight, but that takes time, and this is a real pain to deal with everyday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash comes and goes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My 11 month old baby boy has had a fine red rash on his cheeks that comes and goes. It seems to really flare up when he's hot, after he wakes up, and sometimes after a bath. I've had doctors tell me that it's dry skin, and another one said my child was allergic to something. It's been...

My underarm and inner thigh needs attention! [ 5 Answers ]

Just like everyone here on this section, I got the same problem.I love wearing sleeveless tops and bikinis before but now, I can't even afford to try one. My underarm is dark and so as my inner thigh. Can you suggest me any effective remedies? I need to have them whiten before my soon to be...

Inner thigh pain [ 0 Answers ]

I wake up at night with sever ripping in my inner thigh

Lower pelvic pain on left side that shoots down thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I am experiencing lower pelvic pain on my left side that shoots down my thigh sometimes. I also have lower back pain that is similar to back pain that comes right before my period.I have had this back pain for going on two weeks but the pelvic pain is new. I am on the pill so I should not be...

View more questions Search