Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SUSHANT299 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 02:16 AM
    Treatment of accumulated depreciation?
    If accumulated depr. Is given in the adjustment, then how do we treat that depr. In balance sheet & p\l a\c.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 08:38 AM

Not quite sure what you are asking here but I'll answer what I think is the question. If you were looking for something different, please post again and clarify your question.

The adjustment to record depreciation is:

Debit Depreciation Expense
    Credit Accumulated Depreciation

Depreciation Expense is found on the Income Statement. Accumulated Depreciation is found on the Balance Sheet under the Fixed Asset section. The account credited monthly for depreciation until the allowed depreciation per asset is met, meaning the account grows over time. Another way to say this is: the depreciation that has taken place on a particular asset up to the present time. When you subtract accumulated depreciation from an asset, you come up with the net book value of the asset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depreciation Expense and Accumulated Depreciation are classified,respectively, as: [ 3 Answers ]

Depreciation Expense and Accumulated Depreciation are classified,respectively, as: a. expense, contra asset b. asset, contra liability c. revenues, asset d. contra assest, expense I think it is A

Depreciation Expense & Accumulated Depreciation HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

At the beginning of 2008, Lehman Company acquired equipment costing $90,000. It was estimated that this equipment would have a useful life of 6 years and a residual value of $9,000 at the time. The straight-line method of depreciation was considered the most appropriate to use with this type of...

Depreciation Expense and Accumulated Depreciation are classified, respectively, as [ 2 Answers ]

Depreciation Expense and Accumulated Depreciation are classified, respectively, as

Treatment of accumulated depreciation [ 3 Answers ]

Where do we show the accumulated depreciation in the trial balance? I mean under which head we'll show it in trail balance?

View more questions Search