Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hammer7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 06:00 AM
    How to file a small claims against sears roebuck?
    Purchased new lawn tractor attachments installed them they don't fit work properly sears tech came out tried to fix he couldn't he said he needed to contact engineering did not hear back I called sears service repeatedly all they tried to do was sell me warranty on new covered products then I found mystery sears hq phone # called sent all kinds paper wpor they sent tech out he said yup its all junk while he was here the original tech called present tech and said I knew it was junk when I was there before I went through hearings so on so forth they said its out of warranty now? Well you it is now but they did not address issues while it was under warranty and they offered me 30% off on parts for what I don't know I got all kinds of parts that are new but won't fit? Why buy more? Then they said I should have been more aggressive? How? I called they came couldnot repair said they would look into issue and diddnt warranty ran out now I have $2500.00 of attachments I can't use can't return what do I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2011, 06:20 AM

Doesn't matter who the defendant is, the process is the same. Most states have web sites and pamphlets to walk you through the process.

Before you file get all your documentation showing visits etc.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 30, 2011, 06:27 AM
    Funny that at the bottom of your post there is an ad link for Sears PartsDirect. :)

Anyway, I would ask Sears for a refund, together with documentation of all the efforts you have made, within warranty, to get the problem fixed. If they refuse, then take them to small claims court as your thread topic suggests.

But first read your paperwork to make sure that they haven't provided, in the fine print, that you can only sue in such-and-such a place.

Apr 30, 2011, 06:57 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Thank you AK I have asked for refund credit every thing I could think of to no avail. Any idea where I would find out if there is "a such-and-such place I don't see it on receipt I will review warranty statement in owners manual and again thanks for response
    SearsCares Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 03:50 PM
    Dear hammer7:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations Team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at {e-mail removed pending verification} so you (and others) donā€™t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (hammer7) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Apr 30, 2011, 04:16 PM

Thank you Susan for participating here. However this site has a policy against posting e-mail addresses without verification. Please PM (private message) me a phone number that I can use to verify your position so I can clear the e-mail to help our member.

Note: I am a moderator for this site

May 4, 2011, 02:43 AM
    It is even funnyer that susan are from seawants me to email her but email address is redacted lol,I went searching rs for new garden tractor yesturday even back to selling store that this whole mess came from talked to staor mgr he wants me now to send him all correspondense I had with the sears board karen ethridge,bruce johnson{ceo} can you believe they bring a issue of svc and parts fittiment before a board and ceo and others make a decision on if they are going to rectify issue of parts and svc. I have been in automotive and motorsports all my life I know for a fact that bringing such a trivial issue as this {to ceo, upper mgt} is a no no this is handled by a field svc rep or dse the people at the top need to focus on more major concerns in marketing r&d demographics so and so forth not if my sun shade and snow blower attachments don't fit properly ! I guess that is why k mart acquired the once great sears &roebuck co. ps. Sorry about the rant!! But this is way beyond stupid

May 4, 2011, 03:25 AM

I redacted her e-mail because I wanted to confirm it. However, I think it is genuine. So I will be happy to provide it for you if you want it. It appears that Sears has a team that searches sites like this for complaints with an offer of resolution. Which I think is a good move.

May 5, 2011, 05:01 AM
    Thanks I am in contact with the social media team but it reverts back to basically the same as phone contact they still have all my info they pulled case# right up and after me questioning her it's the same procedure the case mgr. assigned to you puts it all togather and presents it to the board including ceo just like twice before and upper mgt. makes decision on the case and u
    [comsumer} have no input during board review just a so called advocate that works for kmart/sears can you say conflict of interest and I'm resonably sure the out come will be the same its not sears svc fault they droped the ball now its out of the so called warranty and its my fault for"NOT BEING AGRESSIVE ENOUGH" I SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED SVC TECH AROUND TO MAKE SURE HE DID HIS JOB so according to sears even though it is documented and confessed by svc. Techs they did not follow up and lied about installing parts which were ups shipped to me {still in box"} it is my fault. So we will see,

'
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 01:02 AM
    Three year old thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Small claims at show cause defendant claims he will file bancruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

At the show cause hearing, the defendant claimed they will be filing bankruptcy. The magistrate just said OK and scheduled another court appearance. Why did the magistrate not pressure a payment plan as bankruptcy has not yet been filed? Also, justice in America yet again... let me guess, we will...

Do I sue Sears with lawyer, or small claims for 3k in Michigan, for inaction? [ 8 Answers ]

Wife and I were getting bids on a Heat Pump-Like an air conditioner in reverse that heats your house in temps over 30 degrees. In Michigan it goes on a separate meter that costs 4 cents vs. 11 cents per K hour. Propane gas at 500 a month was killing us. 1st guy to come out was Sears. Gave us a...

Do I sue Sears with lawyer, or small claims for 3k in Michigan, for inaction? [ 1 Answers ]

Wife and I were getting bids on a Heat Pump-Like an air conditioner in reverse that heats your house in temps over 30 degrees. In Michigan it goes on a separate meter that costs 4 cents vs. 11 cents per K hour. Propane gas at 500 a month was killing us. 1st guy to come out was Sears. Gave us a...

Where do I file small claims? [ 2 Answers ]

HI... A month ago I bought a 350Z from Buena Park NIssan. The contract included that they going to put the Aftermarket navigation system in the Dash of the car... 1st time I took it... They put the wrong one and they took my stock radio out and placed the navigation system in it's place... Actually...

View more questions Search