Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capenergy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Utility Companies and/or Municipalities, Do you send 1099's for services rendered?
    I am new to accounting. Do we send 1099's to utility companies or municipalities for utilities? Also, am I correct that we send 1099's to leasing companies only if it is NOT a 3rd party leasing company?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 05:11 PM
    The new requirement to send 1099s to virtually everyone was revoked last month, so you need NOT send 1099s to the utility company.

You NEVER send Form 1099-MISC to a municipality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Services rendered for credit [ 6 Answers ]

If services are rendered for credit, then: a) assets will decrease b)liabilites will increase c)owner's equity will increase d)liabilities will decrease

Donate for services rendered is it legal to do in a 501 (3) (c) [ 4 Answers ]

Services paid through a donation rather than a fee is it legal to do

Can I sue my plastic surgeon for services not rendered? [ 8 Answers ]

First off does anyone know what the statue of limitations would be? What happened was I received implants & a lift from my doctor. The lift was supposed to be done like a lollipop( the incision goes around the aerola and down the center; like a lollipop) doing the lift in this way he told me...

If services are rendered for credit, then [ 2 Answers ]

If services are rendered for credit, then

1099 reporting for services rendered by corporations [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings I am incorporated and provide software consulting services under my corporation's umbrella and also have employees that work for the corporation.I have a client that had me complete a w9 form for the corporation at the beginning of the work but at the end of the year did not sent me a...

View more questions Search