Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steverussell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 06:38 AM
    What is the diference between A19 and A15 bulbs?
    I have a bunch of A15 ceiloing fan bulbs. Are they supposed to fit fixtures that take an A19 bulb?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Lamps, (light bulbs) incandescent bulb diameters are measured in 1/8 of an inch increments.

The number "15" tells us that the lamp is 15, 1/8ths of an inch in diameter or 15/8 =1-7/8 inches.

An A19 is 2-3/8 "

An A15 lamp will fit in a fixture rated for a A19, but not the other way around.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2011, 10:08 AM
    Bulb diameter. Bulbs are measured in increments of 1/8".....a "15" is 15/8th's, a 1"19" is 19/8th's
    Easiest way to look at it is with flourescents... a T-8 is 1 inch (8/8) a T-12 is 1 1/2 inch 12/8
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Apr 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
    Adding to what the others have said, just make sure you are not exceeding the wattage rating (usually 40 or 60 watts per socket with fans) and you should be set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket [ 1 Answers ]

I have one of those hampton bay fans with the stupid A15 intermediate base bulbs, I can only find bulbs like this that are for appliances like microwaves locally. There was a thread for this same question and it looks like the guy found a solution but the link was removed here's that thread...

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in a fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash what is causing this

Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket [ 10 Answers ]

I need more light from my Hampton Bay ceiling fan light. It has the new A15 Intermediate base bulb and does not put out enough light. Is there a fluorescent bulb available for the Intermediate base socket? Is there an adapter available for the socket that would allow me to use a Standard size...

The cost for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the cost of installation for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs. Materiall cost will be beneficial. Barbara Ivory

View more questions Search