Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisadavistom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
    How do u get a child out of dhs custody what steps can be made?
    Once a child has been removed in our case it was for not living in MO when we live on ar line have had kids (twins) for 6 months the mother got in trouble was deemed unfit caregiver Me and my husband have been married for a year I unfortunately have the same first name as the mother so the caseworker heard my first name and assumed I was the unfit mother and they come nexit day and took them what can we do
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 2, 2011, 09:19 PM
    Could you please explain this more clearly, and use punctuation?
    Someone had twins - who?
    Under what order or arrangement were they under your care?
    The mother lived in MO, but you live in AR, right over the line (you can't live on the line)?
    What was the reason for taking the twins? (Start at the beginning, not at the name mixup or where you live.)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 05:18 AM

Did the caseworker come with the police to take the children? What was the reason given for taking the children. Not what you think is the reason what is the reason stated. What has been done by the bio father so far to get the children back. What has DHS said since the last time you contacted them?
    lisadavistom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
    I recently married my husband has twins that were in his care after being in dhs/foster care for 18 months prior. He has had them since September. We lived in Ar just moved to Missouri for about 2 months. We had a visit from our caseworker, the same one the kids have had all along. She come in and visited, I wasn't present she has never met me, I am usually at work when she does her visit. My name was brought up and she assumed I was the kids mother, whose name is also Lisa. Who also was arrested for drugs and did prison time, which started this whole mess. After being in trouble in more than one occasion with the law, she was deemed an unfit caregiver and lost all parental rights. The police and the same caseworker and another lady showed up with court ordered papers that they be removed due to the father of said juvenile has failed to protect said juvenile as the father is allowing said juvenile to have physical contact with the mother, whom has been deemed as an inappropriate caregiver at this time.And that father has further violated the order of the court to reside in Mo and be enrolled in MO school no later than 3-22-11. The father has told them all along he lived in Ar, they have told him he has to move to Mo, so we finally did. The caseworker never even toured the house and as far as the school the father had been in contact with the guy who is over the caseworkers and he was suppose to be getting back with the father on this issue, but never did. They just showed up and took one 100 miles away and the other 150 miles in more less a boys prison.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 05:48 PM

You need a court date and get this straightened out. After that then sue them for all you can because they have wronged you (actually the bio father).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2011, 06:06 PM

You go to the caseworker with a copy of your marriage license and your photo ID. You explain to the case worker she made a mistake and ask her to have the court order immediately rescinded and the children returned.

If she refuses, you file for an emergency order to rescind the court order taking the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the first steps in gaining custody of a child? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,. Okay so here's my situation. I am 24 years old, married with two children of my own. My younger sister is 19 and she has a daughter who is almost 2 years old, the father isn't around, we actually don't even know where he is. And she just found out she's pregnant again with some guys baby...

What are the first steps to getting custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My name is jasmine and I have a beautiful little 2 yr old girl. Her father lives 3 hours away right now. We were never married but I want to get full custody or at least some type of papers signed stating he has to give her back after a visit. We haven't been to court for anything. He does see her...

Grandchildren in DHS Custody in Oklahoma [ 3 Answers ]

My grandchildren are currently in the custody of Oklahoma DHS because of alleged child abuse. They have been there since December 18th. My heart is aching for these kids as they have been stripped from our lives. Their presents still remain under the Christmas tree waiting for them. I filed for...

Dhs child needs help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is kelly and my girlfriend who I am currently engaged to is in dhs custody me and her are about to have a baby. She gets more and more depressed every day and just wants out where they can't control her like they are. I am forbidden to talk to her see her and she is not even aloud...

View more questions Search