Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britrump2010 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
    How much jail time for a felony 4 and felony 5? First offense
    I am going to court on charges of breaking and entering which was counted as a felony of the fifth degree. Also I have a charge of theft which is a felony of the fourth degree. The breaking and entering charge was at first a complicity of B&E. What or if you know or could probably guess, the maximum jail time for these actions. Also I have never been in trouble before, this is my first offence. I have no criminal records in the past. Also I been reading and I have learned that a fourth degree felony can be dropped to a misdemeanor. Any help and please be very clear with answers. Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2011, 01:07 PM

It's easier to give "clear" answers when we know where you are.

Apr 2, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I'm located in Ohio. Columbiana County

Apr 2, 2011, 01:34 PM
    My location is in Ohio
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 05:35 PM

First any felony can be dropped in a plea agreement if the DA wants to, often this is done if they have a week case, Also often a second charge is dropped down in a plea agreement to the other charge,

So at this point, unless your attorney thinks they can actually get you off ( find you not guility) you have the attorney work out a good plea deal for lesser charges, less prison time.

First offense, here anyway, max is 10 year I think but first offense, most likely get 3 to 5 ( my guess 3) with having to serve one and probation for balance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the jail time for nc on felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail and was charged with felony probation violation. He only has three months over his head. He turned himself in. This is only his second felony. The first one is from seven years ago. How much time might he get?

First time felony offense for false statement in ga [ 10 Answers ]

I am a married woman with 2 kids and a homemaker. I witnessed an incident at school involving my daughter and a teacher. I was asked by the school to give my written statement as to what I saw. I agreed to the request and turned in to the pricnipal my unsigned statement. After some appeals up...

First time felony offense [ 3 Answers ]

I was caught stealing from an empolyer, the total amount stolen was about 10,000,cost. When I was confronted about the stolen merchandise. I confessed and coroperated immediately with my employer. I even went with the head of lost prevention to try in retrive some of the stolen property. When asked...

How much jail time for a first time felony in new orleans,lousiana [ 1 Answers ]

-my fiancé was out visiting his hometown ,New Orleans,Louisiana,and in up getting arrested.His charge was theft of auto over 500$,with a bond of 15,000.I wanted to know how much jail time would he be facing or is there any chance of probation,being that this is his first time getting into trouble...

View more questions Search