Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gonebuggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 06:05 PM
    Invisible biting bug
    Its true... after delivering a bed to a filthy customers house then moving my own furniture in the same truck I became infested. It has been several years since. I ignored the issue. These dam things jump fly crawl and bite. I feel them all the time anywhere I am. I've hugged people then watched them scratch their eyes. Its happened a bunch of times therfor knowing they jump or fly. I've had company and watched them scratch at their eyes hands arms face, anywhere. I'm so embaressed now its ridiculous. It is very dificult to see these things. Every once in a while if the light is right or if you just catch it at the right time ill see a tiny pin point sized white bug. I feel them biting me at night. I feel them biting at my leg right now. You can look at a spot that's getting bit and you can't even see it.im so fed up I don't know what to do. I'm so embarresed cause people that feel things jump off me avoid me. They know something's on me. I am starting to believe that pestilence in the end is the answer.
    kpg0001 Posts: 88, Reputation: 12

Oct 19, 2010, 06:21 PM

Do you use crystal meth?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 07:20 PM

gonebuggy, I don't know if you have read this stickie, but it is a place to start: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pest-c...ee-390570.html

You can also do a search of older 'invisible biting insect' threads to get other ideas and ways to treat them.
    mitzipars Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2010, 03:17 PM
    Gonebuggy, I am experiencing some problems with similar. Still searching out answers but I would start with searching out "Pepper Mites" and see if this fits your situation. At least it would give some temporary answers until I get this final. I am very close!
    kpg0001 Posts: 88, Reputation: 12

Oct 24, 2010, 04:12 PM

I do not know why you found my question not helpful. It's fine that you do not agree but that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to take away from my rep for it. To me that was "uncalled for" but you see I'm not damaging your profile. This problem is common among meth users. The process of elimination has to start somewhere. My question was legitimate.

Oct 24, 2010, 05:34 PM
    I apologize if I misjudged your response. I honestly thought you were being cruel. And I guess I would have to ask you if you honestly think someone would admit that in writing?

It would not be the smartest thing for them to do, would you think?

Oct 24, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Comment on kpg0001's post
    I fixed it for you.
    tinknocker60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 09:26 PM
    I've been clean n sober for over 20 yrs. These bugs are clear to white as they grow you will see them mostly around moist areas. They look like tiny black dots. You know they're bugs because if you disturb them they hop. I am rid of them now and it is possible for you to get rid of them too. Here's what I did. I steam cleaned my carpets. Three times each room the first time then only as often as needed. I crushed a bunch of mothballs into the carpet especially around my bed and sofa. I put moth crystals into my bed when I wasn't using it. For spot treatment as soon as I felt any bites I sprayed Ecosmart weed and grass killer, Safe on your body. I also sprayed it into my bed and on the sofa regularly. For my body I ordered Dr. Bronners peppermint soap and sulfer soap called azufre. I bathed, showered and shampooed with these. When I got out I used Gold Bond maximum strength (blue bottle) powder all over my body and in my socks and in my shoes. I would also use Bounce orange scented fabric softener in the dryer and I would use packing tape and wrap them around my feet day and night and covered them with socks n gold bond. I steam ironed my clothes prior to wearing them, kept them in separate ziplock storage bags with mothballs and I would replace my clothes and bedding about every three months, so don't buy too many and buy cheap bedding, towels etc. For my truck I used flea busters and crushed mothballs all over everything material. It was snowing at the time and I stayed out of it for a month. I think that's everything. God bless and I hope this helps.

Mar 26, 2011, 02:08 AM
    I have tried something that I am believing to feel a since of improvement. First and foremost... allow my disclaimer! I am NOT a professional on bugs and pestilence. This is something that when all else has failed in "SEVERAL" scenarios of invasion (from palmetto bugs to moisture ants) has stopped the nightmare. Our poison of choice is "BORIC ACID". Please Please Please research first for yourself and know all the ins and outs of it.
    We have swept it in the carpets and I am now having to try to drive these little white bugs from my upholstery to the carpets to get it on them. It takes a little time but I have truly noticed a difference. Note, I do wash every day all bedding that my animals sleep on and their pillows go through the dryer for as long as I can. I bought 2 relatively inexpensive bedspreads (identical) and pull it everyday and wash it.
    Also, I have found a product that I use on my animals (please do it on a fine tooth flea comb or cotton swab) that when these "thingies" attach themselves in numbers or even are alone, makes them weak and come off. I say use comb or cotton because they bite like chiggers and all at once and it hurts! I KNOW first hand. The product is Natural Chemistry De Flea. There is more than one type. I use the one for pets and bedding that you can use for dogs and cats. I use this also on my upholstery and beds. The Boric Acid I use on areas in upholstery that does not come into contact with my pets or family.
    We called around to the "Do it yourself" type stores and bought 5 gallons of it.
    I pray this works for you guys too!

Mar 26, 2011, 02:39 AM
    PS: When using Boric Acid remember it is a powder. Use a face mask and I personally use gloves with everything when I am cleaning and pulling laundry and such to rid these things. If they bunch up on the little.. um privates of your animal, that is when you need to use the cotton squares with De Flea on it. Also, I forgot... Harco Laboratories has a product that I use for bites. It is Natural Groomers Tea Tree Oil Medicated Spray. I use it too. If you ever had a RX for sores you might read ingredients and note that tea tree is part of it. This item I call Harco Labs to ship to me (they are in Texas). The DeFlea is at Pet Supermarket and I believe Petsmart. If you have a Pet Supplies Plus store they carry it.

May 29, 2011, 04:55 AM
    Comment on mitzipars's post
    I have also found a product that I use on the tile floors (since Boric Acid doesn't work for that). There is a lab called Harco in Texas. They have a product they use for horses called N7. I sprayed all tile areas after using boric acid on rugs and carpets and I am noticing an ENORMOUS difference.
    YogiTheoMann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 05:26 AM
    I have been dealing with this for about three years now. I went through all the attempts to fight back. I doubted myself at first, then I got angry, and now I am working on dealing internally. Chemicals like Windex and Listerine do very little, pesticides do nothing at all. The mindset of fighting leads to hyper-vigilance and poor quality of life. It is good to keep things clean, get rid of old papers, and so on. The times I was bothered the least were when I went on an all raw food, all alkalizing diet. Every solution mitigates the problem. Nothing solves it. End of story.

Based on the profile of this problem, I feel it is almost certainly a bio weapon:

- It works wonders to destabilize people, robbing them of sleep and of peace of mind, keeping them in a hyper-vigilant state.

- It breeds abundantly without a human host, and yet has a voracious appetite for humans, coming quickly out of hiding to attack.

- It's appearance can be clearly related to specific places and times, so this is very unlikely to be anything imagined. Seams of clothes, dusty places, old papers are rife. Evening seems to be their morning, when they are the most hungry. I actually found that yoga, meditation, and massage places seem to have been hit first, along with expensive “designy” business hotels. It tells you something about who is being targeted - people with a preference for peace of mind and thoughtful beauty! I have been traveling in Thailand, India, and Bali for the part of the past year, and clearly the places most frequented by Americans seem to be the hardest hit.

- The practice of blaming the victim, saying “you must be delusional,” makes it a perfect weapon for defeating human spirit: you can't escape the incessant biting, you get no refuge in human understanding.

- Yet it is too small to be seen easily. If it can be seen, it is indistinguishable from dust, except that dust moves chaotically, and these can be seen to move purposely to land on skin. If you brush the skin with a finger, and use raking light with a dark background, you will see many particles of dust and skin move randomly, and one or two will make an evasive loop, landing on the same spot. I had to see a biting moth do this same maneuver before spotting it with this dust-sized attacker.

- It could be a genetically modified Neelidae springtail, which was used as a bio weapon in WWII for its ability to cause suicidal depression. It may have been enhanced for smaller size, faster breeding, more painful bite. Unfortunately for all of us on this planet, some people have been showing up everyday to some really mean spirited work.

- This breeds so fast and attacks in such numbers, we have to consider the possibility that it is some hybrid organism never before known on earth. For example, it could be a flagellate bacterium that can swim in air for all we know. We don't have to know what it is to continue to profile where, when, and how it attacks.

Beware of the false hopes
    The thing about the internet is there is no way to know who is posting what. Based on what I now believe, I think that angry sounding jerks are likely to be real people, but super friendly and helpful people with names like “Kathy” who build up false hope of winning through fighting back are probably related to the people who designed this pestilence. Beware false hopes.

Eventually, you will have to admit that struggling will always fail. They may leave you alone a little while, but they come back. No matter how you clean, they breed faster. The key here is to let go of fighting the enemy, and focus on something positive you want to do with your time on earth.

There is a lot of movement right now pushing people to be angry at an elitist enemy. This is basically telling one human to hate another, but I think the scope of our problem is so big that it is really time to consider that we are being attacked by some non-human intelligence. I would have called that crazy a few years ago, but something about the torture has opened my mind and heart to a greater realm of possibilities.

Transform suffering into enlightenment
    Suffering may be bad for your body, but it can be good for your soul. Transform suffering by letting go of the impulse to fight, to be angry at a perceived enemy.

Either way, the key to transforming suffering into polishing of the soul is to let go of blame and negative emotions. This plague of tiny terrors is also great force toward enlightenment. The potential is there.

We could hate forever, but this might even tire out our will to fight. In letting go of fighting these bugs, we can see it is possible to let go of the whole desire to fight anyone. We can let go of possessions and the desire to protect them, after we lose so much stuff to infestation. Let go of attachments, focus on what brings real joy. Love, friendship, appreciating beauty... whatever works.

Esoteric Tantric Buddhism teaches this. I don't want to associate the lesson with any religion, just to say, there is a long tradition, dating back thousands of years, that says that we can use our suffering to make ourselves better people. I would encourage everyone to try to find some way to do this. For me it goes one needle sting to the next. I have started practicing Tonglen in meditation - absorbing the hunger of my attacker on the inhale, radiating out love on the exhale, and offering my body up to feed all hungry spirits. It sounds crazy, and yet it brings emotional relief.

Whatever these things are, the infestation and bites are not fatal, so it is safe to relax and be bitten. And safe to clean everything with baking soda, vinegar, and borax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone have an answer to these invisible biting insects? [ 11 Answers ]

My mother has been dealing with these invisible biting insects for five months now. They don't seem to bother my dad, just mom. They have bombed the house inside and out, torn out all carpet, got rid of all furniture, she washes daily, and cleans house over and over, they have two outfits only,...

How to erdicate invisible biting insects? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know the answer

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Invisible biting mite [ 15 Answers ]

Google brought me to this site because someone else had a similar question. Many years ago I picked up a coffee table from the trash of a dilapidated house. Not long after I felt "things" on my legs in my car. These spread indoors and were mostly active at night. Since then I have controlled...

Invisible biting mite [ 2 Answers ]

I know you have previous question but the answers are no good. We have had a problem now for about 3 years. You can feel them jump on you, they don't bite all the time but they do bite but don't leave a mark. They are in our mattress and our lounge all the soft furnishings and carpet. Also in our...

View more questions Search